Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: If you are going to shoplift, don’t do it in China [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
JSA wrote:
Big Baller Brand to the rescue! Maybe they could illicit the assistance of Yao Ming.

I'm going to assume that was an intentional double entendre.

I was wondering whether anyone would catch that. ;-)

As an update - the State Department declined comment. Chinese officials are restricting the players to their hotel, as opposed to confinement, which makes me think they are merely fucking with them and not planing on pursuing actual charges.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: If you are going to shoplift, don’t do it in China [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait until the tweets come out about this story:

http://www.espn.com/...aa-basketball-season

"The situation was already resolved by the time we heard about Trump's involvement," one team source said. "That's not to take away from the fact that he got involved, but the players already had their passports back and their flights booked to go home Tuesday night when Gen. Kelly called the players."
In a New York Times story headlined "How Trump Helped Liberate UCLA 'Knuckleheads' from China," Kelly said Trump's intervention, as well as efforts by State Department diplomats, led to the reduction of the charges to the equivalent of misdemeanors as well as the release of the three players to their hotel where they were placed under temporary house arrest.
"The players were already checked into the hotel before the public discovered they were arrested," a team source said. "They also were not under house arrest. It was our decision to keep them at the hotel until the situation was resolved. The charges were dropped, they weren't reduced, and that happened two days before we heard from Gen. Kelly."

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply

Prev Next