Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2017 Cervelo s3 disc
Quote | Reply
[/img][/img][/img]

*A road bike with no brake caliper attached around the junction of a top tube and a seat tube looks so clean and neat.

I live in somewhere quite mountainous.

I used to have reynolds aero clincher wheelset mounted on Cannondale slice RS, but suddenly got really anxious about the heat induced rim faillure because some of my acquaintances have already confronted such problem in a few cases.

So I converted to the disc brake system.
I'm now experiencing an inner sense of peace :)

My final plan is to add enve 5.6 or 7.8 disc wheels on my cervelo.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Last edited by: Peter kim: Oct 23, 17 9:39
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [Peter kim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a new bike was in the cards it would be that... Its a beautiful bike. Enjoy it.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you made peace with the fact you are going 2-3W slower according to the Slowtwitch Anti-Disc brake mafia? :) Nice bike!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was recently on my cx bike (force1 hydro) back to back with my road bike (etap rim brake). On an ordinary day I would say my road bike brakes are more than good.

But on this day, I rolled down the driveway and thought "Oh, those disc brakes ARE better. These feel like wood, shit."
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. It could've been better if it's price was much lower.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha I already had ST anti-disc warriors' catchphrase in my mind. However, cervelo says it's 4w faster than the rim version because of the absence of a rim brake caliper near the fork crown. Whether their test result is meaningless or not, it also brought me an inner sense of peace! Haha 'Because Cervelo said so... everything's fine and there's nothing wrong with my bike.'

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow what a coincidence. I also have a CX bike, Focus Mares 2017. I made my mind to convert to disc brake after purchasing it.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [Peter Ghimme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
*A road bike with no brake caliper attached around the junction of a top tube and a seat tube looks so clean and neat.

I totally agree :-)

Peter Ghimme wrote:
I live in somewhere quite mountainous.

Me too! Look at the size of the low gear :-)

Peter Ghimme wrote:
I used to have reynolds aero clincher wheelset mounted on Cannondale slice RS, but suddenly got really anxious about the heat induced rim faillure because some of my acquaintances have already confronted such problem in a few cases.

Friends don't let friends descend mountains using carbon surfaces for braking...which, as you can see, is why that bike above has metal braking surfaces ;-)

Nice bike.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
I was recently on my cx bike (force1 hydro) back to back with my road bike (etap rim brake). On an ordinary day I would say my road bike brakes are more than good.

But on this day, I rolled down the driveway and thought "Oh, those disc brakes ARE better. These feel like wood, shit."

What pads, wheels, and calipers? If that's your reaction, then something isn't being done right in those choices...

Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How beautiful. It's nicely and evenly matched colour distribution that I think is great. You must have spent some large amount of bucks on your bike.

Stay home, stay healthy.
Last edited by: Peter Ghimme: Oct 24, 17 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Peter Ghimme wrote:
How beautiful. It's nicely and evenly matched colour distribution that I think is great. You must have spent some large amount of bucks on your bike.

Actually not...the frameset (including custom build touches and custom paint) cost significantly less than the S5 frameset that was the alternative selection (this bike was built to replace a stolen 2012 S5). The Stinner "base" road models are only $2500.

http://www.stinnerframeworks.com/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone showed up this past Saturdays group ride with the s3 disc in the red finish. Whoa, that's a smoking hot bike in white as well!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When a new disc brake thread pops up on ST, Tom be like:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't tell - which aero road bars are those? Are you happy with their performance?

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty funny...mostly because of the cat...but, point out to me where I was beating any proverbial horses in this thread? :-P

Quote Reply
Re: 2017 Cervelo s3 disc [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
I can't tell - which aero road bars are those? Are you happy with their performance?

3T AeroTundo.

And, I DO like them...especially some of the hand positions just aft of the hoods. The AeroTundo is nice because it's probably the only aero road bar that has more "normal" reach and drop values. Most others are all compact. Also, they allow for clip-ons next to the stem area, including the carbon versions.

The only "niggle" I had with them is my forearms tended to contact the bend in the tops when I was sprinting in the drops...but, I quickly adjusted to that (keep my torso lower when sprinting). Of course, the AeroNova version (compact, ergo drops) has a slight flare to the drops, so it's not as much as an issue with that model. In fact, I have an aluminum AeroNova waiting to swap onto my "all-road" Fuji Jari :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally here ccame the whelset! I bought a set of roval clx64 disc wheels. It suits well I think.
A complete bike without Garmin, rear light, bottles weighs 7.65kg (16.86lbs for imperial people)[/img][/img][/img]

Stay home, stay healthy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about getting the Roval for my S3 disc as well.
Have you had any frame clearance issues with 29.4mm external rim width?
Quote Reply