Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Boulder 2018 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No need to worry about the altitude at all.
I flew in from NYC, raced 3 days later, I was fine. Maybe get a practice swim in the day before.

Sell out? Are you kidding me? this race barely gets 1,100 athletes; we will be lucky to see it on the schedule in 2019.

The bike course changes every year, in part to make it easier to attract more athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2018 [laughable] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
laughable wrote:

The bike course changes every year, in part to make it easier to attract more athletes.

I do not think any change has ever made the course measurably easier nor has that been their goal. From 2016 to 2017 they added like 4 miles to the course and several hundred feet of climbing.

I think all changes have been driven primarily by municipal and county permitting issues as well as safety.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2018 [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've ridden it 2x - one loop is 55.5 from the exit of the res and back - if it goes downtown it will be 5 miles or so long. Any word on the construction on 36 right before left hand? That could be a death trap and it doesn't look like it is going to be done by June? https://www.codot.gov/...projects/us36bridges
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder 2018 [BTEEZY28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We took our RV to IM Boulder in 2015. There is a county fairground that would have worked, but they were blacked out for an event that weekend. We ended up staying at Clear Creek RV Park in Golden. It wasn't close to the venue at all, about 30 mins if memory serves. But it was really lovely. Lots for the kids to do, and we enjoyed the vibe of Golden much more than Boulder.
Quote Reply

Prev Next