Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: indoor ironman world record [ahhchon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And not a single gram of fuxk shall be given.
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, someone needs to notify Ironman that Guiness and this guy are improperly using their trademark. Then sit back to see the record erased and the inaugural "Ironman Midtown YMCA" advertised for $1,500 entries!

chuy wrote:
Just to follow up it looks like Guiness did give him the world record for fastest indoor IM distance in 7:59.

https://www.eventhorizon.tv/tony-rich/
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I’ve got my next goal, if we’re going to make this that absurd. I’m going to knock out sub 7 and crush him.

If nothing has to be accurate I’m going to find the treadmill that over estimates. The most at the gym and use that one. I figure I can easily nail 40mph with no wheel resistance on the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [JackL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh dear God can we just declare this to be the fraud that it is and move along :-) //

No kidding, and how can anyone defend this effort and conclusion?? It would take the marathon cheating guru about 30 seconds to show that this guy cheated at every aspect of this so called record, and by a LOT!!! Fine, go raise money for good causes, but when you commit fraud in the process, you will end up doing more damage than good for that cause.

I'm sure in his world he can sell this bluff, newbies, non athletes, and his followers. But there is no way you can spin a 12+ hour guy on his best day doing 8 hours, not legit anyway. I could swim downstream in a river, start my ride at the top of pikes peak, and run downhill somewhere I guess. Would that be a record too??

This absolutely has to be called out, if you are going to use our sport and our time standards to raise money for something, there has to be some agreed upon standard it is all measured by. I'm really surprised at Guinness, but I guess if you pay your 1000's of dollars for certification, they dont care what they are putting their name on either...
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Break out the twitchforks!!
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that. I wonder how fast I could bike if I set my Tacx plugged into a 5% downgrade or just had a bike up on supports with a minimal resistance dowel rod or something.
Quote Reply
Re: indoor ironman world record [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, since calling out cheats is just so satisfying, I figured out how this “miraculous” record was achieved. Dude cranked out about a 2:45’ish bike split (Starky who?!). But how?! Check out the bike video on the YMCA Facebook page.

https://m.facebook.com/...mp;__tn__=%2AW-R#_=_

Beginning of the video you can clearly see the resistance wheel not spinning. Then at the end, when he steps off his bike, you can hear that wheel hub spinning quite freely. Almost as if there was NO RESISTANCE....Things that make you go hmmmbullshit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next