Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed Concept Praying Manits position
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have an image or experience with reversing the thing in the stem in order to get a true Praying Mantis position on a Speed Concept?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about the piece underneath the mono extension with the one 2 mm set screw?

Best way to get praying mantis position IMO is to get the plug in mono extension and then put on the zipp evo 110mm bars. You can get the bars very high up just with the bars and then tilting the plug in mono extension.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm. You got a pic of that?
I got the idea of reversing the thing in the stem from Jim at Ero.

Btw, If you ran with a scrawny old bald guy for a while in Raleigh, that was me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my setup with the plug in mono extension and zipp evo 110mm bars from this past weekend. The plug in mono extension is just slight tilted up but not much. You can see you can get pretty high without much tilt.... even higher with the tilt.

I don't think that was me running with you.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice race Steve!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the upward angle of the extension exceed the ability to angle the elbow cups up to match at a comfortable and similar angle?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iamuwere wrote:
Does the upward angle of the extension exceed the ability to angle the elbow cups up to match at a comfortable and similar angle?

I've read this at least 10 times now and I'm not 100% sure what you are asking..... but here's my best shot....

With the plug-in mono extension flat, the bars slightly exceed the max angle you can get from the standard mono extensions tilted (without reversing the pivot cradle). I did not measure this to be 100% accurate though. This just what I feel and see between the two setups. I wanted the arm pads to be more flat and not necessarily tilted at the same angle as the bars. I have found this setup to be more comfortable for me. I also like that the bars angle in towards each other as you get closer to the shifters which gets my hands closer together.

I think this answers your question..... let me know if it doesn't.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The trick is in the extensions: my A2 thread

Last edited by: GreenPlease: Sep 14, 17 16:36
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice write up. Did you stick with the mantis position ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes I have. I've been meaning to do a post on how I rigged up my Shiv for a similar position and how I custom bent my own aero extensions (I didn't like the way the profile design extensions looked).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does reversing that get you more reach as well as being able to get more tilt? I was tinkering with mine yesterday and need about 20mm more reach, but the screw keeps the mono extension from going forward.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys. I am trying to get to the Praying Mantis position as well on my speed concept. Can anyone point me in the right direction for exactly what I would need to buy? Meeting with a bike fitter next week and want to have everything I need to get to the position I want. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [TriHardMatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy the mono plug in from trek and then high rise bars from zipp, 51speedshop, or USE. You could take ski bend extensions and mount them reverse to really get the hands up high.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...r-extension/p/11862/

https://51-speedshop.com/pages/carbon-extensions

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Buy the mono plug in from trek and then high rise bars from zipp, 51speedshop, or USE. You could take ski bend extensions and mount them reverse to really get the hands up high.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...r-extension/p/11862/

https://51-speedshop.com/pages/carbon-extensions

Great. I am such a newbie to all of this stuff so I really appreciate your help and the links.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [AKCrafty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, one centimeter.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can someone please enlighten me as to what this "thing" that you reverse is - maybe a photo?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's called the "pivot cradle" and can be seen in the speed concept assembly guide.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
It's called the "pivot cradle" and can be seen in the speed concept assembly guide.

thanks Jim

diagram for reference
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Praying Manits position [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:

thanks Jim

diagram for reference

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bontrager-Speed-Concept-Extension-Cradle/dp/B017XXPP9C

this screw will allow you to tilt your aerobars up.

Last edited by: Ksavostin: Nov 19, 20 4:03
Quote Reply