Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Last year to TRI
Quote | Reply
Not that it matters as I'm just another number in the pile and they are lining up behind me to get in, but after seeing what the entry fees have gone to in the local (MN) events in 04, I'll be giving up this Tri endeavor after this year. I have IM Wisc as the end of year and will maybe do one or two late in the year events to keep it fresh. $50 to $80 for a 1/2 mile swim with a 13mile bike and a 3 mile run is just absurd. I can do that in my backyard for free, a little time in the tub to get the water distance. I gave up running events for the same reason--20 bucks for a 5k and heres your crappy shirt. I will go back to bike racing as it still is $15-20 to get a good working over. How are the costs in your neck of the woods. I figure I can a new rear disk with the money saved and time trial all by myself, so there. Besides, someone will thank me for the spot I created.
Quote Reply
Re: Last year to TRI [marko16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$50 - $80 for a sprint or Olympic distance race sounds reasonable to me. You may only see it as an expensive short swim, a quick ride, and a bit of a run, but I bet if you tried to put on that same race at $50-$80 a head you'd gain a different perspective.
Quote Reply