Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magura RT6 TT rear brake calipers not retracting completely
Quote | Reply
Magura RT6TT rear calipper is not retracting completely after the brake is realeased. When I press the brake it brakes fine but when I release the brakes the calipers dont retract completely and sometimes touch the rim. If I press them with the hands then they retract fully. I rebleeded the system several times but the issue remaines. In one competition I saw a bike that had a simple rubber band placed on top of the calipers so it was helping to retract the calippers. I tried it and it worked for me but It would be nice to find a more permament solution. Anyone had similiar issue ?
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT rear brake calipers not retracting completely [vaitas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes i had the same - i am changing the whole caliper after trying bleeding
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT rear brake calipers not retracting completely [vaitas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running a rubber band on my F one. Identical issue.

Surprisingly, my R one works fine - go figger.
I would have thought with all the crap that gets kicked up down there, that that would have been the first one to go.

My LBS called Magura, asking for tech help, but apparently the only "fix" is - rubber band, or get a new one.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you tried cleaning the caliper? spray with some degreaser, spray with some water, let dry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try replacing the bearing cartridge that is between the two sides of the brake body. the bearings are sitting in a plastic piece which over time starts to stick.
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT rear brake calipers not retracting completely [A_Hooligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gave a good clean for the bearings but it didnt help. In my case it seems that the rear hydraulic piston doesn't retract as responsively as in the front brake. I was holding callipers just to see how the piston functions and it seems that in the front its much more responsive it doesn't require any force from the calliper string to go back to the initial position. While at the back after pressing the break piston goes up and then goes back but not completely. Could it be due to some leak in the system ?
Quote Reply
Re: Magura RT6 TT rear brake calipers not retracting completely [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there a way to take out the spring and try to re-tighten it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always have the same problem after the winter when the bike has been on the turbo. Bike mechanic always fixes it by cleaning and lubing the pins, whatever that means! I think he means the pivot pins. Works fine again for the season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't find the thread for this, but others have found that the stainless steel spring can move and cause the sticking you are experiencing. Check that out.
Quote Reply