Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: To all who care [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
snoots wrote:
Congrats, dude... gonna keep trying for a girl?

Why do people ask this??? (I have two boys, we're done babymaking and no, I don't wish I had a girl).

To be fair to the poster, if we were younger and didn’t have issues conceiving I bet the wife would have pushed for a third.

But as it is, we are done.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
snoots wrote:

Why do people ask this??? (I have two boys, we're done babymaking and no, I don't wish I had a girl).

3 girls, here, I always, laughed when people would say that, Yeah, not something that was an issue or concern for me. But I do know someone who had 6 kids 5 girls then a boy, and yes they were gonna have kids till they had a boy.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
And those who don't...

BLeP Jr part 2 decided that today was the day regardless of what his due date was (two weeks from now).

3 hours 20 minutes from start to finish. We do things quickly in this household.

I have two boys - 8 and 5. just wait, oh, just wait. The amount of energy and the decibel levels are amazing. There will be times you will envy those with two girls. Until, of course, you realize you never have to attend a dance recital!

Oh the noise, oh the noise noise noise noise. That was one thing he hated... all the noise noise noise noise!

Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
BLeP wrote:
And those who don't...

BLeP Jr part 2 decided that today was the day regardless of what his due date was (two weeks from now).

3 hours 20 minutes from start to finish. We do things quickly in this household.

I have two boys - 8 and 5. just wait, oh, just wait. The amount of energy and the decibel levels are amazing. There will be times you will envy those with two girls. Until, of course, you realize you never have to attend a dance recital!

Oh the noise, oh the noise noise noise noise. That was one thing he hated... all the noise noise noise noise!

My house is SO LOUD. Mine are 7& 2.5 and it's nuts. Pretty sure when people leave they are grateful to go home to their peaceful/quiet existence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought parents just tuned it out? SIL reading a book while 3 kids engaged in rukus-making, wondering why I am suddenly eager to go out for a while...
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
snoots wrote:

3 girls, here, I always, laughed when people would say that, Yeah, not something that was an issue or concern for me. But I do know someone who had 6 kids 5 girls then a boy, and yes they were gonna have kids till they had a boy.

I know a couple who already had 3 girls and decided to have one more baby, partly in the hope that it would be a boy, and had natural girl triplets. That's a life changing event!

2 girls here and very happy. I guess if I'd been able to choose I'd have gone for one of each, and if we decided to have a third I guess I'd have a mild preference for it being a boy (though a girl would be much cheaper in terms of hand me down clothes...), but if we'd had 2 boys and went for a third I'd have the same mild preference for it being a girl. Would certainly come a long way down the list of factors in deciding to have another child.

Anyway, congrats BLeP!
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 girls

The noise at times is unbearable
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
2 girls

The noise at times is unbearable

Ours are generally fine when it's just the 2 of them, there seems to be a critical mass of about 4 girls beyond which high-pitched shrieking becomes inevitable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
And those who don't...

That's nothing, we nearly had our second in the vehicle on the way to the birthing center. Got there, walked up stairs, she laid on the bed, and our daughter was born a couple minutes later. Thing was my first son was flipped around the wrong way so my wife had a very long, painful labor, so she was expecting something similar with the second one and waited almost too long before she thought things were getting serious.

Congrats, assuming you don't have anymore, you've got about 8-10 years before you'll be somewhat free to live an independent life again :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Congratulations!

BLeP 18 months ago says thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BLeP wrote:
And those who don't...

That's nothing, we nearly had our second in the vehicle on the way to the birthing center. Got there, walked up stairs, she laid on the bed, and our daughter was born a couple minutes later. Thing was my first son was flipped around the wrong way so my wife had a very long, painful labor, so she was expecting something similar with the second one and waited almost too long before she thought things were getting serious.

Congrats, assuming you don't have anymore, you've got about 8-10 years before you'll be somewhat free to live an independent life again :)

Boy #2 came out face up. So it was a quick yet painful birth for my wife. (18 months ago).

And yeah we are done.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
And those who don't...

CONGRATS, EH?

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome! Congratulations bro
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cripes people, this thread is old. The boy is 18 months and I am thinking of returning him because he's clearly defective!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Cripes people, this thread is old. The boy is 18 months and I am thinking of returning him because he's clearly defective!

I was loving the congratulations, enjoy them! Once your kids get older, there aren't a lot of "hooray for the parents" moments. Mostly it's people giving you side eye, or staring while you carry your screaming toddler... Or maybe that's just me.

Good luck trying to return him - mine came with a VERY strict "no guarantees, no warranty, no returns" policy (all in the very fine print at the bottom of course).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

In my defense we had our third in November and I'm not getting any sleep.
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
BLeP wrote:

In my defense we had our third in November and I'm not getting any sleep.

Boo hoo. 1.5 years I am still not getting enough sleep.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys in that 18 month sleep regression?

We are in it. The last two days I haven't slept past 2 am. Good thing she's cute or she'd be on the free section of Craigslist about now.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He typically wakes up around 3-330. Won't go back to sleep. I end up taking him to the basement and we fall asleep on the couch down there.

Good times.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typically? Like every day? Damn man, that is crazy.

Ours goes down at 7-8 and usually sleeps till 5. For whatever reason, the nights she does wake up, she won't go back down if my wife goes to her room, only if I do.

Most of the time I can get her back down really quickly. The other nights, I just hold her and try to "sleep" upright on a chair we have in her room, and try not to drop her.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: To all who care [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Typically? Like every day? Damn man, that is crazy.

Ours goes down at 7-8 and usually sleeps till 5. For whatever reason, the nights she does wake up, she won't go back down if my wife goes to her room, only if I do.

Most of the time I can get her back down really quickly. The other nights, I just hold her and try to "sleep" upright on a chair we have in her room, and try not to drop her.

Not every night. 3 nights a week, I'd say. He always gets up between 3-330 but its about 50-50 whether or not he'll agree to go back to sleep.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CONGRATULATIONS! WELL DONE!

War is god
Quote Reply

Prev Next