Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best bike rack [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
1Up USA
exit(thread);

Well done. Opened this thread to see how many replies it took to get to 1UP and wasn't disappointed.

Another +1 for 1Up USA.

Built in Wisconsin and indestructible as everyone says. I like that I can go 1, 2 or 3 bikes on my carrier with no problem. In addition, I don't have a garage so store the rack in the basement. Much easier to move up a flight of stairs than the heavier 2 bike carriers.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm very happy with my Kuat NV rack

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the Kuat Sherpa. Its made out of aluminum and super easy to take on and off. I usually take it off when I'm not using it. I also like the fact that it tilts down with the bikes on it and it looks good too.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kuat NV owners, I see it this rack has a lock to the hitch itself, or something like that to lock it to the car.

How reliable would you say that lock is?
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [RayP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RayP wrote:
Kuat NV owners, I see it this rack has a lock to the hitch itself, or something like that to lock it to the car.

it's good enough not to have someone come swipe your bike while sitting at a red light.... but I certainly would not leave bikes on it overnight or anything or extended out of sight.
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
RayP wrote:

it's good enough not to have someone come swipe your bike while sitting at a red light.... but I certainly would not leave bikes on it overnight or anything or extended out of sight.

I’m actually referring to this feature:
Hitch lock included

And not the:
Fully integrated, Individual bike cable locks are long, durable and easy to use
Quote Reply
Re: Best bike rack [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Kuat NV 2.0. While it is really damn nice. Will probably last forever. Is super easy to use once it on the car and holds a very wide array of bikes without them touching each other or the carrier.

However, its pretty expensive compared to some other options without really offering any extra utility. Its also extremely heavy, like way heavier than it ever needed to be. At 57lbs its probably the heaviest bike carrier on the market. Makes it a serious pain for me to get it off the wall where i hang it in my cramped garage. The trail Doc workstand is cool, but I it doesn't have any way to lock it to the carrier, so I usually end up leaving it at home instead of docked on the carrier.
Quote Reply

Prev Next