Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kennel cough
Quote | Reply
I have a cube-neighbor here in my cube land who has a year long kennel cough that is driving me up the wall. Today it particulally nasty as she is getting over the cold and sounds like she is coughing up lung cookies for all to share.

How do I politely and efficiently tell her that she is a stupid, skanky, kennel-cough-ridden bozo-faced dumbass without insulting her.
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [OCTriGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you can. I have several members of the cell block who are persistent coughers("I've always done it, I don't know why!") and know it. I think it is more neurosis than anything else.

If you do approach her, tread carefully. You don't want her to go psycho and get you fired, or worse, get sent to sensitivity training.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy - some night put some cough drops on the desk...with some information on how to quit smoking...

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Easy - some night put some cough drops on the desk...with some information on how to quit smoking...

My brother-in-law takes high blood pressure medication that makes him cough. You might want to be a little more sensitive than that.

http://irondad06.blogspot.com/

http://irondad.blogspot.com/

Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [IronDad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ask her if she is having reflux. Continous reflux can cause reoccuring coughing.
Tell her you noticed she has been quite a bit lately and maybe she will tell you why. then you can suggest she go see a doc.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Doggy Style [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. When dogs have kennel cough you take them to the vet and the vet goes "peek-a-boo" and then gives them a big shot (often right near the butt.) This may help your coughing neighbor.

You may want to wear soft quite shoes though, or she'll hear you coming.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since it ain't goin' away, put on headphones and drown her out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you electrify her chair so that every time she coughs she gets a shock?
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a guy who works for me who clears his throat lik some OCD...drives us all nuts. We jsut send him away then make fun of him while he is gone. I guess he has some sinus thing...no matter...drives me instane all the same.

Also, my girlfriends father ALWAYS hums...when he eats he grunts and goes "mmmmmmhh hmmmmmm" and sorta sounds like a wolf or something...drives me batty...I wont even eat at the same table as him. he will jsut walk along with some turetts like hum noises...weird.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [Record10ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
See, this is what I was talking about in my post. I'm a code geek, same as you(different kind of code, though. J2EE) There are probably 4 or five people here who are constantly clearing their throats, coughing their little coughs, or sniffling. All the time, year round. I know that geeks tend towards being socially impaired, quirky OCD's, but I'd gladly trade each of the coughing coders for an old school offensive loud-talker with no filters. At least they're quiet sometimes.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Kennel cough [jmorrissey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heh. I got annoyed when I first started where I work, but now I am kinda amused by the kinds of primitive noises people make without realising it. You can hear some of them clear across the building. The bright side is, you never need to go look and see if they are 'in' -- you know!
Quote Reply