Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert
Quote | Reply
If you have HBO - worth 45 minutes of your time - the cast of characters is crazy fun!

http://www.hbo.com/...acy/about/index.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/...y-review-hbo/532830/
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I loved it. Cena cracked me up.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was great, especially pedaling his ass off down. The bike was tiny.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [themadcyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it's a little meh. Cena was the best, but they're all trying too hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
little too much Dk for me... it was unneeded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought it was hilarious. I thought Lance was least funny, maybe because his segments were already previewed in the ads.

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I've seen Spinal Tap, Waiting for Guffman, or Best in Show too many times and I'm spoiled by Christopher Guest, but I thought it was just awful

I have never found Andy Samberg to be funny at all [nor Seth McFarlane, for that matter]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw it. I liked it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was pretty bad as well. It looked promising in the trailers but all the good stuff was in the trailers while the rest of the movie was mediocre.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What made it pretty bad? Just over the top making fun of the doping years. Or like bad acting?

I thought the whole point was to be sorta over the top stupid. Now I haven't seen it, don't think I will (don't have HBO), so only saw trailer. May show up on YouTube etc and I'll get to see it.

But I assumed this was going to be "stupid" over the top comedy.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [b-rudy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? I thought Lance really was outstanding. I kept wanting / waiting for him to come back on screen. It takes a lot of balls (or maybe just one big one) to do this in light of his legal situation.

So over the top. Several LOL moments. The cameos were just excellent...
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [b-rudy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
b-rudy wrote:
I thought it was hilarious. I thought Lance was least funny, maybe because his segments were already previewed in the ads.

They kicked the arse out of the "Lance getting accidentally revealed" joke though.. it was funny the first time with the phone but then it got progressively more stupid and less funny each time.
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea maybe I was just tired of that joke, but I do think he was funny and give him credit for the cameo. I'm sure his lawyers were fine with it because it was satire.

2017 races: St. George 70.3 May 6 | Madison 70.3 June 11 | IM Zurich July 30 | Chicago Marathon October 8
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stop wrote:

So over the top. Several LOL moments.

Agree. it was worth my time.

I just found that Challenge of a Lifetime, the Penny Marshall TV movie from the mid 80s about doing Kona, is available on youtube -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ1oTpcWoXw

I watched it on TV back in the day but can't remember much about it. I wonder if I'll have more LOL moments than when watching Tour de Pharmacy?
Quote Reply
Re: Tour de Pharmacy - mockumentary starring Armstrong as drug expert [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
What made it pretty bad? Just over the top making fun of the doping years. Or like bad acting?

I thought the whole point was to be sorta over the top stupid. Now I haven't seen it, don't think I will (don't have HBO), so only saw trailer. May show up on YouTube etc and I'll get to see it.

But I assumed this was going to be "stupid" over the top comedy.

I got an HBO trial just to watch this. It was hilarious in parts; "arms like an alien, lower body like a horse" made me laugh, among several memorable lines.

It was over the top stupid the way "Airplane" and "Snakes On A Plane" were both stupid too. Mockumentary-Comedy; call it what you will; I am glad I spent 45 minutes watching it and will watch it again before cancelling my HBO trial.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was gonna post, but used the search instead.

Found this on HBO last night. Sign up for the free week if you don’t have HBO.

I was laughing so damn hard within the first 5 minutes, I was crying. So worth watching!

Cast line up includes, Lance Armstrong, SNL cast, Danny Glover, Kevin Bacon, Jeff Goldbloom, Orlando Bloom, etc.

They expose all of the funny stuff about cycling: drug use, wearing Lycra, Armstrong doping, not wanting to pull when drafting, etc.
Quote Reply