Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What's in your humidor?
Quote | Reply
I'm still working with a tupperdor but will be upgrading to large acrylic humidor to accommodate the growing collection. There's a mishmash of singles from 90+ rated samplers (My Father, Rocky Patel Decade, Aging Room M356, etc.) and a sampler of Oliva Nubs with all varieties of wrapper for those shorter sessions, which are IMO comparable to Arturo Fuente Chateau Rothschild. Standout sticks that I plan on keeping around include:

- Montecristo Classic Series No. 3 (my go-to stick)
- Padron 1964 Anniversary Series
- Oliva Serie V Melanio
- Camacho Barrel Aged Corojo
- Camacho Triple Maduro
- Montecristo No. 2 Torpedo (Cuban)
- Partagas Serie E No. 2 Torpedo (Cuban)

What are your go-to and special occasion selections? Recommendations for future addition?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Last edited by: sphere: Jun 17, 17 18:22
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your humidor? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fond of those Padron's.

I bought some tampa bay rollers when I was down there. Good stick for the $$. Wish I would have bought more.

I am a fan of the Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur line.

I used to be a big maduro fan, not so much any more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Currently in my humidor. I know I am missing a few.

My "good" cigars:

Montecristo No. 2 Torpedo (Cuban)
Diamond Crown #1 Robusto Presidente
Diamond Crown #2 Robusto Double Corona
Diamond Crown #7 Pyramid
Diamond Crown Julius Caesar Hail Caesar
Cohiba Red Dot Gigante
Padron 1926 Series No. 1 Natural

Good Casual smokes:

CAO Flathead V770 Big Block
CAO Flathead V450 Sparkplug
CAO Flathead V554 Camshaft
Macanudo Cafe Lords
Montecristo Espada Quillon
Arturo Fuente Short Story
Arturo Fuente Hemingway

Decent smokes:

5 Vegas Gold Double Nickel (box-press)
Arturo Fuente Curlyhead
Punch Bareknuckle Rothschild
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos #3

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Acids. Blondies, Kuba Kuba, atom maduro...and a mix of their others.

Found them to be taste the best, and now just buy them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I've got in my big tupper-dor is what I brought back from my trip: Montecristo #2, #4, Partagas P2 and D4.

How did you find the Partagas compared to the Montecristo?

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A bundle of "just right " cigars and a mix of fuente s. Some hand rolled cigars from Miami that B I L sent up to my FIL.
One Opus X left in there.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished reloading my deployment tupperdor. Went with LFD chisel tip double ligeros. Also reloaded with fresh cedar and hydration packs. love THU nite cigar night BS sessions in theater--solving the World's problems one good cigar at a time! :-)

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I kept a pack of Backwoods in my spare ammo pouch until I quit in 2002. I would puff one of those with a wad of Lancaster or Red Man in.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: What's in your humidor? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
How did you find the Partagas compared to the Montecristo?

I didn't smoke them in close enough proximity to form a memorable distinction, though they struck me as very similar in taste and strength, and the construction qualities were essentially identical, and excellent.

Quote Reply
Re: What's in your humidor? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a pair of CAO Flathead Carb Maduro Gordos on the way now (thanks for the heads up), along with LFD Andalusion Bull. Figured I should give it a go, given it's current status, but the reviews aren't entirely consistent with it's ranking this year.

There's an interesting new limited run coming from Camacho, a bourbon & imperial stout barrel aged triple maduro, sold only through smokeinn.com. As good as their bourbon barrel aged corojo and their triple maduros have been, I'm all in for this one.

Quote:
IMPERIAL STOUT BARREL-AGED BREAKDOWN:
  • Wrapper: San AndrĂ©s Maduro (Mexico)
  • Binder: Original Corojo Maduro (Honduras)
  • Filler: Barrel-Aged Original Corojo Maduro (Honduras) | Brazilian Maduro | Dominican Maduro
  • Factory: Diadema Cigars de Honduras, S.A. (Honduras)
  • Production: Limited Edition (4,000 cigars)
  • Packaging: 10-ct bundles
  • Vitola: 6″ Ă— 50 Toro
  • Price: $9.95 ($99.50)
  • Release: June 30, 2017 (Smoke Inn Exclusive)
https://www.brewbound.com/news/camacho-cigar-dojo-collaborate-imperial-stout-barrel-aged-cigars

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came across these recently, shipping a box to my brother for his birthday. I don't know if they're any good (the owner is shipping me a few samples this week when I inquired via email), but the concept and branding is stellar.

http://libertycigars.com/collection/founders/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a small collection but I had to dodge a lot of ladies in white to get these...

Quote Reply
Re: What's in your humidor? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What brand is that stubby robusto in the middle?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a Vegueros.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thought I would follow up your thread about celebrating personal fitness acheivments by bumping a thread celebrating personal vices.

Summer weather is in full swing early this year, so on the weekend I grilled up some ribs with my classic honey bourbon glaze, then afterwards sat in the backyard with more of said bourbon (woodworks reserve) and my last partagas p2 from last year. My wife had a glass of red and made use of her new green card (all while watching our 8 month old sleep on the baby monitor - parents of the year award material). It sure is nice to be sitting in a lawn chair in shorts and a t-shirt as the sun goes down.

I picked up a Camacho Connecticut, but chickened out on the triple Maduro. Did you enjoy yours? I didn't see any of the barrel aged offerings at the store I was at.

Also tried a couple of CAO Camshafts, but, really didn't enjoy them. It just tasted overly harsh, bitter, and for lack of better words, cheap. Looking for some other, non-cuban options to try (and beverage pairings).

Also, thanks for the heads up on the wood choppers. I did them with way too much weight, and couldn't cough, laugh, or breathe properly for two days. I'm hooked.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You didn't like the Camshaft? I enjoy them. Not my favorite, by a long shot, but a decent smoke. I picked up a box of Montecristo White Series Vintage Connecticut. Very nice smoke.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I couldn't even finish the second one, to be honest. It just felt "meh" and I wasn't enjoying it. For whatever reason, the taste just didn't do it for me. Nothing smooth about it, IMHO.

My favorites are still, by far, the Partagas P2 and Montecristo No. 4. But, I am interested in trying others. In the same way I always come home from the liquor store with a different craft beer or spirit to try just for fun, Im enjoying the variety found so far in cigars. Plus, it's usually an excuse to cook some meat for dinner and relax outside afterwards :-).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Camacho is pretty much my go-to anymore. Criollo, in particular. Similar to the Connecticut, but with a honey sweetness, fuller body (by a cinch) and slightly stronger. Give them a try if they're available nearby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcMfpxNgWg

I've had a couple of the triple maduro, but much prefer their limited edition bourbon barrel stout aged triple maduro. Something about the aging process takes the edge off the triple, and makes for a very nice compliment to (guess what...) a nice bourbon barrel aged stout.

Wood choppers are amazing. Totally hooked. I do somewhere between 55 and 70 lbs on the pulley now, alternating for 20-25 per side. Or until I about pass out. It's been a few weeks since I started those, and my core is like a tree trunk already.

Last edited by: sphere: May 8, 18 17:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, if you see these, grab a few. They aren't cheap, but they're worth every penny.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting, I'll definitely look out for those, along with the corillo and barrel aged Maduro. Most of the cogar stores in town heavily stock Cubans due to all the US tourists that want to buy them here. There might be one small cabinet each for Nicaragua, Honduras, etc, and a whole wall of Cubans. Nice (but expensive) problem to have but it does limit variety.

I've enjoyed a lot of cigars with a Tofino Tuff Session Ale. In my opinion, it is the ultimate beer. Drinkable enough to have on the hottest of summer days, yet it has enough body you can have it with a steak or full bodied cigar. More malty then hoppy. It has been my go-to for a few years now. If there was a way to legally do an international beer exchange, I'd send a few out as this little brewery deserves all the exposure it can get.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think I paid somewhere around $30 per stick for Montecristo No. 2, the last time my mother brought a few down from Ontario. I gave one to my uncle last summer, and just had the other two nights ago. It was uncommonly good, but again, for the price I'll gladly take two Liga Privada No. 9 instead.

You'll pay ~$10 for the Criollo, I'm guessing. The barrel aged maduro is probably unavailable now. It was a limited run and I'm pretty sure word got around quickly on those.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Yeah, I think I paid somewhere around $30 per stick for Montecristo No. 2, the last time my mother brought a few down from Ontario. I gave one to my uncle last summer, and just had the other two nights ago. It was uncommonly good, but again, for the price I'll gladly take two Liga Privada No. 9 instead.

You'll pay ~$10 for the Criollo, I'm guessing. The barrel aged maduro is probably unavailable now. It was a limited run and I'm pretty sure word got around quickly on those.

Yeah, I think the No 2's are around $36 CDN, same with the P2. In Cuba they were $10 USD each... Wish I maxed out my 50 stick limit when I was there.

The Camacho Connecticut was $22 CDN here I believe.

I'll definitely look out for the Liga Privada. Thanks for the tips!

Quote Reply