Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Feet and lower legs falling asleep, is it the shorts?
Quote | Reply
I'm asking this question for my wife. She has many years in the saddle and is a strong biker. She rides two different bikes. Her outdoor bike is an Orbea road bike that she hasn't been on much in the last couple years. She rides the trainer indoor on a QR tri-bike. So over the last couple years she has put more time in on the tri-bike. She has been wearing the same two pair of bike shorts for the last 7 years and they are on their last leg.
Last week we actually went for a ride together outside and she did 30 miles with plenty of climbing without any problems. This week we were going to ride a little bit longer so she went and bought a new pair of shorts, Assos with some compression. We get out on the ride and her feet an lower legs start falling asleep. This makes the ride miserable for her so she cuts the ride short. This morning she got on the trainer with the same shorts and starts having the same problem. She got off the bike and changed into her old shorts and she felt better.
Have any of you ladies had this problem? Any suggestions? I've never heard of anything like this happening.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Feet and lower legs falling asleep, is it the shorts? [jbw75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like she should steer clear of compression shorts to me. If they are cutting off her circulation they are too tight.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: Feet and lower legs falling asleep, is it the shorts? [jbw75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
compression shorts and cycling suck. rode with a pair once, hated it.

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Feet and lower legs falling asleep, is it the shorts? [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It could be a lot of things, though the circumstances here make it sound like it's probably the shorts. I've had a lot of foot falling asleep history and it's usually due to my shoes being too tight or the pedal cleat being in the wrong place. Northwave tri shoes fixed it for me.
Quote Reply