Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I am new to these FORUMS so looking for some advice after racing today and discussing some options with a fellow triathlete. I am current Paralympic, World & European champion who has just been given a Trek Madone. Its a great bike but due to the very thin carbon fibre bars I cannot find any aero bars to fit them.

Anyone else had these issues or can help me??

Cheers

Andy Lewis
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [Bladerunnerandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Madone base bar is proprietary. There was a rumor about Trek making a clip-on aerobar for the Madone (like what Specialized did for the Vengeance VIAS) but I'm not sure if anything ever came to fruition. I'd ask Trek. If they don't have anything, there's probably nothing available.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In which case you should be able to replace the integrated handlebar with a standard stem and bar then fit an aerobar to that. But don't take my word for it. It would be quite a job anyway because all the cabling being integrated.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [Bladerunnerandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't need a pedestalled solution, you could see if some of the custom carbon shop, like Calfee, would bond and wrap a set of extensions on there for you. You can sometime find Madone bars on EBay for about 200$.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A local guy has built a carbon mount that goes around the Madone stem. Couldn't find a pic
https://www.facebook.com/ZenythProjectsLimited/
You'll see from his FB that he works with NZ para team
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the Trek Madone Race Shop but since I can not get clip on's, I am looking at other aero road bikes. It would make a great triathlon bike for hilly triathlons
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, yes we did make a one-off set of bars as an exercise for a junior rider, but have no plans to develop them for production or make more. Regards, Peter.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek Madone Aero Bars - HELP HELP HELP PLS [ZenythProjects] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aftermarket.

Another OEM option is the aero Giant bars. They had OEM tri-bar kits that fit the aero profile road bars.

I would go that way, but out of my budget. Like $250 for the bars and then $140 for the clamps.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but asked about aftermarket options and apparently most clip ons fit a 3T Aeronova.
Quote Reply