Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are nice and pretty comfy. Much better than the stock ones from bontrager. My only complaint is that they are rather heavy (the cup). For this reason, I swapped them out for the zipps.

I still have the tririg ergo cups floating around my house somewhere. If you are interested, I will sell them to you.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you use the stock SC screws for them?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the tririg pads and the SC bolts work fine but I wasn't to confident in those two tiny bolts holding those big cups together especially if your pads are not centered on the pad wing.
I ordered this set of bolts from Amazon and I'm using 4 of them on each pad. My pads are set up pretty narrow so I'm able to use this 4 bolt configuration. If your pads are further apart this may not be an option for you.

Elktonkool wrote:
Did you use the stock SC screws for them?

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I just got the cups and had the same concerns.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are these the right Vuka armrest pads that fit the speed concept?

https://www.maddogcycles.com/product/zipp-vuka-clip-armrest-kit-b1-332652-1.htm?variations=3005202&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKC0jen43gIVryCtBh19LgO-EAQYByABEgLzzvD_BwE
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [Fa$t] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new 51 Speedshop pads should be an option as well
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [rself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a set of 51ss pads. I was not expecting much coming from the zipp Vuka but just after one ride, I like 51ss much better. Feel more secure and “hugged”

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I just got a set of 51ss pads. I was not expecting much coming from the zipp Vuka but just after one ride, I like 51ss much better. Feel more secure and “hugged”

how? tighter bend?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [SkipS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipS wrote:
stevej wrote:

how? tighter bend?

Essentially. The profile/curvature of the 2 cups are completely different. I can feel the 51ss cups/pads curving around my arms/elbows more than the zipps.

One thing I didn't like about the zipps is that they are completely curved and don't sit 100% flush on the pad wing. While I didn't have any problems, I was a bit cautious and was constantly looking to see if there was any play in the cups. And with as much as I sweat and the potential for uneven stresses on the cup screws, I was concerned one of the screws might shear off at some point.

Edit: I should add that by my eyeball, the 51ss pads will add a few mm of stack compared to zipp. I need put my calipers on them to see exactly just how much.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Nov 30, 18 4:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you made changes to your IMFL fit?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
have you made changes to your IMFL fit?

Negative. I'm a bit torn on it honestly. I usually operate by "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But I haven't taken a good video of my fit in over a year and half just to see how things look. I probably need to do that just to see if anything jumps out. I have been toying with the idea of dropping stack 5 mm (take out the pad wing spacer) but I doubt if that's going to buy me anything at this point. I also need to re-measure saddle setback and pad x just to see if anything slipped recently.

I've also thought about going to see Jim Manton again (he fit me 3 years ago). I have changed a few things since then (more reach mainly). It wouldn't hurt to have un-biased opinion but I'm still not sure if it's worth the trip.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the ergo cups from Tririg and if so how do they compare to the 51 SS cups? The Zipp’s I didn’t care for and found the ergo cups better, but I’m not crazy about the pad material. They feel slippery to me when wet with sweat.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [tonyg420] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tonyg420 wrote:
Have you tried the ergo cups from Tririg and if so how do they compare to the 51 SS cups? The Zipp’s I didn’t care for and found the ergo cups better, but I’m not crazy about the pad material. They feel slippery to me when wet with sweat.
''

Yes I have. I tried the ergo cups for about a month before going to Zipp. I liked the ergo's but they were heavy (much heavier than the zipps) and the pad surface also felt slippery to me as well.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve,

When you used the Zipp Vuka assembly do you recall using 1 or 2 screws to hold the cup onto the armpad wing?

I was test fitting it all together tonight to get ready to ride it and realized that if I run both screws I won’t have the ability to tilt/rotate the pad assembly.
Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 7, 18 20:19
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept Arm pads [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used 2 screws.

blog
Quote Reply

Prev Next