Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor?
Quote | Reply
My 920XT seems to have died and am looking at either the 935 or the Fenix 5. I'd really like to have a quick release kit. But not if it blocks the optical heart rate.
Quote Reply
Re: Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor? [soonerfan237] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do you suspect your hr to be picked up by the sensor if you have the unit attached to a quick release?
Quote Reply
Re: Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor? [SwizBeats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I'm asking. If I install the quick release, will it still pick up my heart rate while mounted on my wrist? Or does installing the quick release kit obscure the entire back of the watch (like other quick release kits released so far).

As far as I know this is the first time Garmin have produced a quick release kit for an optical heart rate device. Have they adjusted the design for the 935 such that the kit doesn't completely cover the back of the watch while on your wrist?
Last edited by: soonerfan237: May 9, 17 20:12
Quote Reply
Re: Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor? [soonerfan237] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 935 quick release kit does not block the heart rate sensor. As the quick release box does not contain a manual I knocked up a quick video here - apologiesd for it being in portrait:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qRtFre2y4I

You can see the hole in the wrist mount, the sensor works through that.

Paul
Last edited by: PaulWakeford: Jun 1, 17 21:04
Quote Reply
Re: Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor? [PaulWakeford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct, I've had that quick release kit for the last couple of weeks and there are no issues with optical HR readings when using it. Works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Does the Forerunner 935 Quick Release Kit block the optical heart rate sensor? [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent to know the HRM works through the band.

Does the quick release clip hold the watch it pretty well? I just lost my 920xt from its quick release band in a crowded open water swim as someone swiped at it accidentally. I'm nervous about the same thing happening with the 935, but the clip looks pretty secure on the video.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check this out, left is on your wrist, it won't block sensor, right is on bike, it block the sensor, but I guess you don't need it anyway. :)

Quote Reply