Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Whats the best Tub for training?
Quote | Reply
I am going to train this season on my race wheels, a disc and tri spoke combination, in order to improve my bike handling, but I don't want to train on my race tires (Dugast).

What I would like is a puncture proof cheap 650c tubular to train on but they seem a bit thin on the ground!

Any suggestions out there?

Thanks AndyA
Quote Reply
Re: Whats the best Tub for training? [AndyA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmm, well, good question. My initial answer would be to use TUFOs or Continental Sprinters, as wide as possible.

However, I might additionally counsel you on training on clinchers to avoid the cost of destroying a race wheel in a bad accident (collision with car or other rider, severe chuckhole strike, etc.). If you train on your race wheels once a week that should bring you up to speed on your handling without risking a $60 tire and $1500+ set of wheels. You could get some Ritchey clinchers in 650c with Conitnental Gatorskins in 650X23c and have a set of wheels you would never have to worry about. While I would prefer to ride tubulars every day of the week, I only race on them with the exception of the occasional training sortie.

Just my .02 cents. Best of luck to you in 2004 my friend!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply