Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Did my first Tri of the New Year today!
Quote | Reply
Our little tri club had our New Years Day race today.It's very informal,no entry fee,just show up and do it.We had 12 people last year.23 this year.It was alot a fun! 60 degrees partly cloudy.I came in 4th but thats not saying much.Alot of the fast guys ether didn't show up or ran with their wive's. But I do think I'm doing better than last year. Now I got 2 1/2 months to get back to training and be ready for the start of the Tri season.

Later

Dave

PS Oh the wife said I had to say that she also finished 6th.
Quote Reply
Re: Did my first Tri of the New Year today! [baddog590] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a tri today too:

1. Sleep in.
2. Play with cats.
3. Do laundry.

I won.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did my first Tri of the New Year today! [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also did one:

1. Laundry.

2. Home Improvement.

3. Watch Football.

I felt a cramp coming on in T1, and had some real issues with the second leg, but things really came together in the third leg and I hit the homestretch strong. All the training I put in, all the dedication, yeah, it paid off, yeah...don't ask who I root for...

Marty Gaal, CSCS
One Step Beyond Coaching
Triangle Open Water Swim Series | Old School Aquathon Series
Powerstroke® Freestyle Technique DVD
Quote Reply
Re: Did my first Tri of the New Year today! [martyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spent most of the morning hung over and burping wasabi from the sushi I ate at a New Years party the night before. Tastes just as good the day after.

In the afternoon, I partook in a polar bear swim in Lake Erie with members of my tri club. The water was 36 degrees, according to weather reports. I ran in off the beach and took a dive. It was so cold it actually hurt. Needless to say I didn't stay in very long.

Quote Reply
Re: Did my first Tri of the New Year today! [Quadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quadzilla

Dud you should have came to Tennesse. Unless your in Canada,it couldnt of been more than a 10 or 11 hour drive.

Dave
Quote Reply