Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

A suggestion for all bicycle company websites
Quote | Reply
Ahem *clears throat*

When you post a picture of your bikes on your site, please do yourselves a favor and throw a pair of Carbon X's or Heds, or even Ovals on them. Even if the bike doesn't come with these, THEY LOOK 10x BETTER than the basebar + syntace on top.

The bike doesn't usually come with a pair of Hed 3's, but you still adverstise with them. Why? Because they look more attractice to the costumer. Why not do the same with the bike 'cockpit'. Spice it up a little, make it more interesting and eye-catching. The syntace bars (although great bars) make me nauseous (ok i'm exaggerating a little). This is a bigger deal with the higher end bikes. Most people who purchase these bikes will eventually throw a pair of one-piece bars on them, sometimes even before they'll have the newest pair of Zipp.

To conclude this epic post, which will hopefully change the course of the bicycle website pictures, I present you with some pictures:

What looks better? Be honest:

Or

Quote Reply
Re: A suggestion for all bicycle company websites [freestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting point. We had a thread here a little while ago that took the opposite approach. Only show the bike the way it is sold...

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: A suggestion for all bicycle company websites [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think the Litespeed comes with the Hed's, but the Felt is sold as shown.
Quote Reply
Re: A suggestion for all bicycle company websites [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the way the B2 is sold. Looks beautiful!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's with those extensions on the carbon X's armrests. Is that the stock height on those things?

felt needs to tidy up the cable's a bit, the litespeed looks much cleaner.
Quote Reply
Re: A suggestion for all bicycle company websites [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The rizers shown are included in the aerobar set up if the pilot wants the pad height that high. The photo has the extensions on the "low" setting of the bar and the risers installed under the pads so the difference in height looks wrong. There is a post in here about further modifications to bring that height down further on the Project Xs. Also, the cables can be run the full length of the carbon extensions and exit the back of them, making a small "S" bend to the cable stop at the head tube. It can be "cleaner" you just need to get creative.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree, if the bike is sold as a frame/fork set only. If it's sold complete, they should show the bike and components that you'll get for the money they ask. In either case, however, I'm comfortable with the inclusion of a bikini model or two. Someone's gotta hold the bike upright.
Quote Reply
Re: A suggestion for all bicycle company websites [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those arm rest extensions come in the box with the CarbonX. I don't think I have ever seen them used. Most people are trying to lower the pads not raise them as we see in the post about Lori bowden's bars below.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply