Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [r0wdiggity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your wheel could be out of dish. A bike shop could throw their dish tool on your wheel and tell you really quick if that’s the issue. Dish tool determines how your hub is centred in the wheel, different than a wheel truing stand. At my shop that’d be the first thing I’d check for. Of course, I’d also check from frame damage within the dropout or a bent rear end that could cause the same thing you’re explaining.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There should be screws sticking out from the horizontal dropouts. They’re supposed to be for adjusting how close the wheel and tire should sit to the frame, but they can be off center. You should be able to center the wheel by screwing the left or right (or both) in or out as needed to center it.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood, but that’s happened to me before, so hopefully it helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what model do you have? could you post a picture of what that looks like? I dont see anything like that on my bike. I have the 2020 Advanced Pro TT model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a 2017 Advanced Pro 1. I don’t have it anymore. They should be the same frame regardless. I don’t think anything has changed since then at all.

The rear dropout should look something like this picture I attached. This is just one I found, not a Trinity. I can’t imagine they’d leave it out for a later year, and there’s a small chance I’m hallucinating it existing. I suppose it’s also possible that it’s changed and you really don’t have one. I really doubt those things, though. My guess is if you didn’t buy it new (or even if you did), that it fell out. It’s pretty easy to lose them with frequent wheel changes and such, but get a screw in there, get the QR really tight, and you should be good to go unless I’m crazy and the adjusters never existed.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found it recessed up in the dropout, that solved my issue, thank you!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is super helpful thanks.
I noticed at the weekend that when pedalling standing on a steep climb I get a rub on every revolution of the rear wheel, I wonder if the dropouts are out of true a little.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Picked up a 2010/11 SL0 over the summer and just got it out for a shakedown run. First time on TT bike, need to adjust fit a bit, specifically spacers under TT bars.

7 of 10 PR's on the route I rode. So far very happy.
Last edited by: JFOLEY001: Sep 24, 23 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JVanderveen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I have the 2016 trinity advanced pro with large front hydration. If I raise the the arm rest spacers 90 mm will I be able to fit the spacing bridge or do I need to go higher or do I have to get rid of the front hydration
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Deadman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally changed the di2 box to the extensions. No more every time removing the cover and trying to get it back with all the cables

The 11 speed di2 is on sale.
So 25 euro for the rs910
10 euro for the junction box
And 30 euro for a y cable
And 30 minutes work to get it mounted

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Last edited by: rbe: Oct 20, 23 9:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for this. The dropout adjustment was an immediate bandaid that allowed me to ride, but I thought it would be very strange if the drop outs were all of a sudden uneven so I took it on to check the dish and it was out of dish, so that got fixed and the dropouts are back to even. Thanks for sharing this or I would have never moved past the bandaid fix of adjusting the dropout screw.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [JFOLEY001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually lurk rather than post, but picked up my Trinity from Matt Bottrill yesterday. Moved groupset over from my Trek, added a cadex rear disc, and the Kismet extensions.

Don’t see many of the kismet extensions, but they feel great, support the whole arm and have a nice natural wrist angle. Just need a few dry days to get out for a ride before winter sets in!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AkL4ymwiK2CQqpTW7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/n1jNHthMatva46Q76

Instagram: @hallidaydavidf
Last edited by: DFH84: Oct 27, 23 23:30
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [DFH84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What model extension is that ? On the kismet site there are 2

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are the AX.

As I understand it, the FTL is basically the same shape, but you only get the poles and none of the fitting hardware.

Instagram: @hallidaydavidf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's up fellow Trinity owners!

Just thought this thread is missing some pictures so I thought I'd add mine.

This is a 2013 Giant Trinity Composite 1 that I did as a project bike last year. I basically stripped it to the frame and added 11 speed ultegra di2 and the Vision Trimax aerobars.

I think it looks pretty cool.
Last edited by: Mgmanners: Nov 3, 23 2:58
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Mgmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds great. Should attach a photo so we can see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [buzzsaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Mgmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job! I like the matching helmet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trying to find longer screws that go from the handle bars to the areo bars arm rest 2016 advanced trinity pro. Need 5.1/4 inches or longer. I’ve tried all the local hard ware store no luck. Any ideas would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Deadman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have gotten a lot from Amazon or Mcmaster or Grainger.

The last two almost always have something but cost a lot more than Amazon.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [jesparza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how in can get my elbows a little wider on my Trintiy Advanced Pro 2017. My Aerocoach pads are already as wide as they can go. I’ve seen this fast TT adaptor which looks like it could add few mm either side but not sure if I can get it in the UK?
Last edited by: Greg Sinnott: Jan 20, 24 11:24
Quote Reply
Re: Official Giant Trinity Advanced Owners Thread [Greg Sinnott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next