Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [elund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
one full week with 4 days over 104F...
enjoy...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois, does that mean that there were four days in which I might have actually been able to beat you in an IM?

No, I didn't think so either.

fluless in Florida,
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you did finish an IM in the last two years, you have been in a shape to beat me :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been going for a week! Has been keeping me off the bike but am going to try for today.

"The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep, five days after I got the flu shot... 12 days to get over symtoms... about 14 more days to fully recover... about 1 month of training shot to he11...lot's of fun.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not flu, but I have had a lingering hacking cough for coming on 6 weeks now. It was only bad for 8-10 days, ages ago - now it just lingers, refusing to go away.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've had something around here - fever lasts about 4 days and other symptoms (headache/cough/fatigue) for another week or so...Hope you get better quick!
Kim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone read any of the recent media speculation of the next "pandemic," as it was rather scary . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of the guys have been walking around here with "cold" or some other vague malidy. I got a flu shot, so I am hoping that offers some level of protection.

My best solution is leaving town, which is exactly what I am doing here shortly to go to Doug Stern's Triathlon Training Camp on Curacao.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today is my third day with it. Basically can't get warm (thermostat is set at 78 and I'm still cold), coughing, headache, muscle aches and fever.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never, in 48 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YIP!! 1st Time in 12 years I'm on Antibiotics due to "ignoring" the cough and turning nasty on me.. Bronchitis! Almost 3 weeks now... but I'm starting to feel a lot more energetic now and hopefully will go out for 1st ride on Friday. I must admit better this time of the year than in the race season!

Good luck!

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot showers is the way to go, I spent about two days in the shower two weeks ago, I don't know what I have but it hasn't gone away fully add a torn soleus muscle on top of this. I am absolutely a worthless piece of crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had the flu either (40 years, knock on wood).

Don't want to get the flu? These are mostly common sense but they work for me.
  • Wash your hands frequently throughout the day and every single time you use the restroom
  • Don't touch anything in the restroom with your hands that you don't have to. This includes the handle to flush the toilet (use your foot), the door handle as you exit (which will contaminate your just-washed hands - instead, grab the door handle with the towel you used to dry your hands with, then throw the towel away)
  • Before you put food in your mouth, use an antibacterial hand sanitizer on your hands
  • Use an antibacterial hand sanitizer on your hands after handling money
  • Try not to touch your face with your hands - especially around your eyes. The tear glands around your eyes are vulnerable entry points
  • When someone coughs or sneezes, hold your breath for as long as you can and walk away if possible. Inhaling contaminated air droplets can be drastically minimized by doing this
  • Keep your finger nails trimmed back so there is less room for bacteria to collect
  • Wash your food if possible. Bacteria can live on fruit, veggies, etc. Clean with a liquid vegetable wash
  • Make sure your taking quality anti-oxidants daily
  • And last, ride your bike or run every day. It cleans out your lungs, increases oxygen transport and blows out the cobwebs in your lungs.

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone had the Flu yet? [gottabekidding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could always live in a bubble.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No bubbles for me, just common sense that works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"This includes the handle to flush the toilet (use your foot)"

I'm sorry, I just find it funny that your common sense dictates that you take all the germs from the floor and put them on the handle with your foot.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
C'mon dude (Hid),

Surely you don't think I'm the only one that flushes a public toilet with my foot. Get a clue. Use your head. It's you or the germs. Make your choice. And post something useful, will ya. Geez!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW, I use the top of my foot, not the bottom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's an idea - grab a paper towel on the way to the toilet and use it to flush. I know...I'm a genius!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I think you've got the idea now Hid. Happy health to you & yours in the new Year!
Quote Reply