Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2?
Quote | Reply
Anyone rides it? What's the biggest tire it can accommodate? 40? Larger? any feedback on the bike itself?
Also looking at maybe niner BDO.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently it can go larger than 40, but you start to get mud clearance issues.
I know a couple guys who ride it around here, they LOVE the bike.
Giant gives incredible bang for the buck, and is the only one specing a 1x Di2 out of the box.
I'm seriously considering one.

The Niner BDO has really upright geo, but what a beautiful machine.

I'm waiting not so patiently for the new Orbea Terra before making a decision on a new CX bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2? [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My choice at the moment for a gravel bike is between the Orbea Terra (Rival 1x) versus the Giant TCX Advanced SX (Apex 1x).

Here in Australia, the Giant is 1k less, so very tempted. I like the Norco Search XR too, but not available in 1x in Australia (and apparently hard to get in my size at all).
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve got the tcx. Not that exact model, but the frame is the frame. I love it. It’s got a more “upright” geometry than some of the more aggressive CX bikes, I believe, but hasn’t been a problem for me. I’ve run 40mm Ramblers comfortably and you could probably run higher. It’s also super affordable, which is exactly what I was looking for in my first gravel bike.

Shoot me a dm or email (my username @ Gmail) if you have more questions! I’m bad about checking in frequently here.

----
@adamwfurlong
Last edited by: afurlong: Mar 20, 18 20:29
Quote Reply
Re: Giant TCX Advanced Pro 2? [afurlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Giant TCX Advanced frameset and have had plenty of room with a 40 Maxxis Rambler in the rear and a 1.8 Renegade (about 45mm) in the front.
Quote Reply