Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Running while pregnant [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to you and your wife!

My kids are 6 and 9. I worked out before I was pregnant, and then continued to workout while I was pregnant up until delivery without issue. My doctor told me I could continue to do anything I was doing before, just not the time to try anything new. With my first baby, running became uncomfortable after about 24 weeks, as I would have cramps/contractions so I stopped running then and could bike indoors, weight training, elliptical, swim and some group fitness classes. With my second baby, running was fine so I kept at it, although my pace slowed as my belly grew :). And with that one, biking/spinning was uncomfortable after awhile. I just listened to my body and it helped me bounce back quickly too!

Mandy Leonards, MSW, LCSW, USAT LEVEL 1, Certified Ironman Coach
San Diego, CA
http://www.bodylifeworkscoaching.com
Quote Reply
Re: Running while pregnant [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. I'm 30 weeks pregnant at this point and I'd say I ran up until 26ish weeks? However some days the sore boobs rather than the belly or nausea prevented running. Her body will let her know when it's time, trust me. May take it day by day sometimes. Congrats again!
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's ok. My sister used to exercise while she was pregnant and she delivered just fine with a healthy baby boy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Firstly, Congratulations to you & your wife. Usually performing light exercises during pregnancy is okay. I have been through that phase. Sitting ideal all day long can be quite harmful to her health in long term.

The safest and most productive activities are swimming, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, step or elliptical machines, and low-impact aerobics (taught by a certified aerobics instructor). These activities carry little risk of injury, benefit your entire body, and can be continued until birth.

If she has a medical problem, such as asthma heart disease or diabetes, exercise may not be advisable.

- Renuka
Quote Reply
Re: Running while pregnant [phoenixR34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's amazing! One of my biggest fears is losing my endurance while pregnant and your post (along with everyone else's) makes me feel so much better about it
Quote Reply

Prev Next