Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters
Quote | Reply
How do I rotate the di2 bar end shifters so the buttons face up? Do I need to loosen something so they will twist? Or pull them out and push them back in rotated?

I searched google and YouTube and couldn't find anything!! I thought this would be a frequent request!!

Thanks!!

Ps In case it matters, I have the ultegra shifters with two buttons each.
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [bostonmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There should be a little allen screw, think it is a 1.5mm or 2mm at the top of the shifter, just above the buttons. Unscrew that and the cap that it holds in and then you can insert a 5mm I believe it is allen key and loosen up the shifter. Then you can rotate and then just reinstall everything.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [bostonmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What @BW_Tri said above. See here:

http://si.shimano.com/...DM-UL0001-00-ENG.pdf

Scroll to the instructions for the SW-R671.

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!! That worked perfectly!! Thanks to both of you Brad and Asellerg!
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, hoping you might be able to help me since everything’s been working fine but on a training ride yesterday the left shifter came loose so when I got home opened up the shifter and tried to tighten down the 5MM Allen bolts inside by twisting it counterclockwise which has always worked but the mechanism tightening isn’t tightening it. I’m not sure if it is stripped or if something is loose inside of there but does anyone know how to fix this since the left shift button is flopping around and I can’t tighten it.

Thanks.
Last edited by: maninthearena: Jun 23, 19 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [maninthearena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull it out and tighten it up a bit so that it grabs the inside of the bar then tighten it.
Quote Reply
Re: Twist/rotate di2 bar end shifters [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Used some needle-nose pliers to grab it as it had somehow fallen deeper inside the extension and “through” the buttons threads somehow. Seems good and Tight now.

Thanks.
Quote Reply