Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Feighathlon wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
TriRig wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
TriRig wrote:
The underside of the Alpha One dragonfly is a great spot, which you can see in this article:

https://www.tririg.com/...1x_Review&num=36

Another great spot for the new AXS blipbox is just to store it in the Omni storage box behind the stem.

How do you get an M4 bolt that goes into the blip box threaded into the M5 Dragonfly?

The M4 bolt actually passes through the Dragonfly, without engaging the M5 threads in the Dragonfly. Instead, it threads into the M4 threads in the BlipBox. Does that make sense?

Bike is finally together. Looks great!

My front tire rubs pretty hard against the tire shield part of the Delta cover. Any suggestions? I need a few millimeters more of clearance. I really don't want to fart around with all that's involved with cutting it (nor should I need to) since it was supposedly pre-cut to fit the bike.

If you put a washer or two under the Alpha One stem you can effectively raise the Delta cover to give more vertical clearance for your tire if that is the issue. Should be able give you a couple extra millimeters without filing anything.

I'm going to put in one of the standard 5mm round stem spacers under the Alpha One stem. That "should" give me the clearance I need hopefully without mucking up the steerer tube length and making me use a different fork topper. I will also replace the set screws with M4 screws.

Thanks for the comments. Sometimes the most obvious solutions aren't obvious. :-)

Absolutely. We’re just too used to complicated workarounds with other bikes!

Also, since I don’t think it has come up and I know other people may be looking for a solution. If you use a Garmin Varia rear light and are trying to figure out how to mount it with such a deep seatpost, the K Edge splayd Mount (or any other similar mount I guess) works great and is very stable in the boss’s of the seatpost. Just have to find the right screws and it’s really a perfect solution without rubber bands or custom made mounts!

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All done!

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
All done!

oH mY gOd! No DiSc BrAkEs?
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More nutrition questions from a tririg omni newbie for BTA.

Basically, went for the bike fitting with one of the gurus here in Asia (he commented it is one of the easiest bikes he has ever worked on for a fitting) and we ended up with a much narrower position, to the point I can hardly fit in a garmin between my forearms and there is zero way to fit in a bottle- my hands are now rotated more together so the two thumbs are pressed together and the holes are the narrowest setting for the new pads; I am super comfortable to ride like this despite being the least flexible person in the world, but it has affected nutrition options.

Currently I am slinging the cage and bottle under the butterfly BTA rather than above, but that means using a standard basic bottle which is now in the airflow; fitter felt some sort of bodge might be needed.

Have looked at a few options:
- widen elbows slightly and then can stick with any BTA solution, standard bottle in a cage Torhans aeroz or vision DS1 or similar would be an ok choice or use a universal mount and run a PD but in a further back position (as recommended previously by ppl to me but b4 the arm width thing) - this is my final option if nothing else is realistic
- run a vertical bottle BTA, almost all of which are narrower, but then it ends up awkwardly mounted in front of the butterfly e.g. Torhans aero 20 which would then end up having to be in front of the butterfly
- fit a more aero bottle and bodge it so it is mounted below the butterfly but forward enough to be able to refill it e.g. typical bottle with a speedfil lid on it so it can be refilled: kind of what I am doing now but seems like it would undo some of the aero benefits although a guy Jesse Thomas seems to do this (although he is running top and bottom); would need to be secured in though as ejection would be quite easy under there
- find someone who can 3D print up a mount and bottle system - then we all benefit?!

Anyone have the same issue and had a way to solve it? Seems like I can't quite have my cake (narrower profile) and eat it too (BTA). ......
Last edited by: Kipstar: Oct 18, 19 3:38
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GTN show just released an episode on custom bike tech at Kona on the pros bikes. They showed at least one (maybe more) pros that has 3D printed bottles and I believe they mentioned the company that made them. Pretty sure Haug had one on her bike.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [Kipstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about spacers to ride the BTA bottle cage above your arms. Something like what RevolverWheels do with their mono bars?
Quote Reply
Re: I bought Omni - my first impressions [Cloudberrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cloudberrie wrote:
How about spacers to ride the BTA bottle cage above your arms. Something like what RevolverWheels do with their mono bars?

That’s exactly what I was going to suggest. They don’t necessarily even have to be aero spacers since they’re nestled between your arms. Just raise them up with some “standoff” spacers available at the local hardware store, and correspondingly longer M5 through bolts, also easily available.

If you can’t find something locally, shoot us an email and we can get you sorted out.

--
TriRig.com
Last edited by: TriRig: Oct 18, 19 11:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next