Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Self-Belief and Confidence in Endurance Athletes
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong forum.

My name is Paul Anstiss and I am a PhD researcher at the University of Kent in the UK. My research is investigating the role of self-belief and confidence in endurance performance, specifically how these beliefs might influence performance and how these beliefs are formed.

I'm currently carrying out an online survey which takes approx 15-20 minutes to complete. This survey includes questions on your training history, your ability to deal with difficulties and setbacks and the confidence you have in your own abilities. It has received full ethical approval and a link to this survey can be found below -

https://kent.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/performance-beliefs-endurance-athletes

Your help with this would be really appreciated as we are in the final push for participants. Additionally, there is an option at the end to leave your email if you wish to be contacted with the details of the study.

Thanks for the help

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Self-Belief and Confidence in Endurance Athletes [Paul_Ans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not into surveys or psycho Annalise's. ( no offense). But I would guess that if other's are like me it's about a deep fear of failure and a drive to win.Period. Confidence is never a constant based on things that are constantly changing in a race or whatever environment you find your self. Some things can't be put into charts and graphs.. Sorry for the rant:)
Quote Reply