Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guscrown wrote:
RandMart wrote:

Remember, I have been told in no uncertain terms: "I don't care what the fuck you do when you get up at 5 fucking whatever. Run, ride, knit, I don't give a shit. Just DON'T wake me the fuck up ... for ANY fucking reason!!!

YMMV

Dang!!! I don't think I would tolerate ANY protein shake if it's not in some kind of smoothie. If that were my situation I would probably be doing chocolate milk, but alas, it's not vegan.

See my post above

RandMart wrote:
1 scoop Vega Vanilla + 2 teaspoons instant coffee + water = breakfast

Guess I'm just a little more badass/considerate/whipped than you?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Nov 29, 16 5:42
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [Catacomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Sunwarrior, Warriors Blend in chocolate with Vanilla Almond milk. Damn good. You can shake it but I finally bought a small mixer with mixing cups that trust into it. You won't be disappointed.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: alien: Nov 28, 16 18:46
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [alien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on just munching almonds or peanuts? That'll give you protein and those monounsaturated fats that are supposed to be good for growth hormone production. I'ts always been my go-to, so much that I even keep small ziploc baggies filled with unsweetened peanut butter for my ride fueling. Just bite off a corner and squeeze it in : )

All the protein powders and other supplements make me constipated and/or shaky. That's what I get for being half Irish and half native American...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Garden Of Life raw protein in the vanilla flavor. Mixes well with a blender or shaker bottle. Tastes great. Good protein and nutrient sources and no junk fillers.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [radaddio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
radaddio wrote:
Any thoughts on just munching almonds or peanuts? That'll give you protein and those monounsaturated fats that are supposed to be good for growth hormone production. I'ts always been my go-to, so much that I even keep small ziploc baggies filled with unsweetened peanut butter for my ride fueling. Just bite off a corner and squeeze it in : )

All the protein powders and other supplements make me constipated and/or shaky. That's what I get for being half Irish and half native American...

just nuts would lead to incomplete proteins for usage, so you need a well balanced diet through out the day of other protein sources.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see. I've never really clicked with anything else for on board fueling. Carbs (complex or otherwise) don't really hit with the stuff that I need. The PB baggies ended up working, so that's what I've been rocking.

What other proteins do I need to fill out the demand?
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Smoothies are out for me, as I'm up too early and even the quietest machine makes too much noise

Remember, I have been told in no uncertain terms: "I don't care what the fuck you do when you get up at 5 fucking whatever. Run, ride, knit, I don't give a shit. Just DON'T wake me the fuck up ... for ANY fucking reason!!!

YMMV

You can still do smoothies in the morning - just plan ahead. Mix up a week's worth of smoothies on the weekend, put them in individual containers and freeze them. Take one out to thaw the night before, and voila.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tempeh!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
tempeh!

Gesundheit!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like warrior blend from sunwarrior. I usually mix it into my warm porridge and it is more than palatable.

What I always wonder though: are these supplements safe in terms of PEDs. I mean I have no guarantee that there are (accidentally) banned substances i it.

I have another non vegan protein from Sponser, used by many pros and it even has an anti doping guarantee label on it. But the plant ones usually come with no guarantee.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer nutrition has a good vegan protein. Mixes well, tastes pretty good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As you probably know, there are a ton of different brands out there. With vegan protein powders, I feel that the ingredients are pretty similar with the various brands out there. Sure there are differences, but I think for most people who are looking for a basic supplement to add to smoothies aren't too concerned with minor ingredient changes. Also, most vegan product manufactures understand that quality matters, so I feel they're a bit more trustworthy than some fly by night protein supplement brands that were around a few years ago.

So what I normally do is try and distinguish products based on taste, which is not the easiest thing to do, as people's taste are a bit different. But with vegan protein powders there are some big differences with taste and texture. Some are sweet, while others are more bland with a "grainy" texture. I personally like Vega Sport powders, but they are a bit more expensive.

This chart gives a good breakdown of cost per protein as well as a taste description of some best selling brands which you might find useful:

http://www.theveganlife.com/vegan-protein-powder/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First Endurance EVO1 is launching shortly. It's excellent (I tried the prototypes).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [illskittlz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
illskittlz wrote:
Orgain Chocolate Fudge. You can buy it at Costco. Love that stuff. I use it in my smoothies practically everyday, not as much for the protein, but more for the flavor.

+1 on Orgain at Costco, I've tried other protein powders that did not set well with me, this one is great.

https://www.costco.com/...oduct.100121465.html

Last edited by: KarlC: Apr 13, 17 10:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aloha makes good protein powder. It does not have Stevia. You have to order online and its pricey.
Last edited by: Nerd: Apr 13, 17 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huel is a vegan meal replacement powder rather than a protein powder but I wondered if readers of this thread might be interested. You would get a lot of protein from it. There are similar products but for me a big bonus is that it is low GI rather than carbs from what is basically sugar. No idea if it will be cost effective to ship to the US when they start doing that but I know there are UK people here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's wrong with just eating beans and quinoa?

Black beans straight out of the can with salt is already really good as a side dish!
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is actually and surprisingly accurate, IMO. lol

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vega gives me stomach issues. I have been using Garden of Life (chocolate) for a while and I like the taste. The new sport blend is great but it's two scoops for the specified grams of protein.

To avoid the blender waking up the house I mix it with a almond milk yogurt, chia seeds, a handful of oatmeal (maybe 1/3 cup ) and fresh blueberries, blackberries, raspberries. Whatever we have...about a half cup + fruit. I add almond milk to get the consistency I want. I look forward to this...

2016 Specialized Shiv Pro Race 1x
2015 Specialized Venge
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a big fan of F2C Vegan Pure protein... The Caramel Macchiato flavor of the Vegan Pure energy is my fav, but it's being discontinued... But the other flavors and the regular vegan pure are good too... (I personally am in the anything but vanilla camp, vegan or not, I can't stomach vanilla protein shakes, I can use it for cooking (protein pancakes or something of the sort), but not straight up, or without a bunch of other stuff in a smoothie).

I've tried the Vega powders and they're ok, but definitely prefer the F2C...
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't stop laughing at this thread
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [Traphaus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stopped eating Vega after reading this: https://www.cleanlabelproject.org/...om-5-protein-powder/

I bought a few bags of VivoLife: https://www.vivolife.com/

Which was great.. but I've stopped taking it lately and try to eat whole foods.

When I end up buying more protein powder, I will likely buy VivoLife as it supposedly has been tested for heavy metals.
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would second the F2C vegan proteins too. High quality and tasty. If you want a 15% off code send me a message and let me know.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [.david.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.david. wrote:
I stopped eating Vega after reading this: https://www.cleanlabelproject.org/...om-5-protein-powder/

I bought a few bags of VivoLife: https://www.vivolife.com/

Which was great.. but I've stopped taking it lately and try to eat whole foods.

When I end up buying more protein powder, I will likely buy VivoLife as it supposedly has been tested for heavy metals.

same thing here.

i swapped to vivo and truvani.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Vegan Protein Supplements [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Eat meat. Problem solved.

But make sure you eat carbs too:
https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellness/keto-diet-craze-may-lead-to-reduced-bone-health-research-20200204-p53xkd.html?cspt=1580854175|7cebc93b67d79a69fe552ffeb1127350

New study showing Keto diet leads to reduced bone health.
Quote Reply

Prev Next