Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri-cities Washington Q for a visitor
Quote | Reply
So I'm in Tri-cities Washington for a work week. I'm staying in Richland. Are there any gyms/fitness centers/ etc that I can do a day pass and maybe lap swim or work in on an indoor bike, for example. I searched for a YMCA but don't seem to have a Y that has a pool. Suggestions?

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-cities Washington Q for a visitor [jayhawk.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:
So I'm in Tri-cities Washington for a work week. I'm staying in Richland. Are there any gyms/fitness centers/ etc that I can do a day pass and maybe lap swim or work in on an indoor bike, for example. I searched for a YMCA but don't seem to have a Y that has a pool. Suggestions?

It's been five years since I lived there but at that point there was no one in town who did a day pass (at least as far as I was aware.) Gold's Gym in Kennewick gave me a free day pass once (as a prospective member), but their pool was short (17 or 20 yards, I forget) and I'm not sure they would have given me a pass if I hadn't been living in town and looking for a permanent place to work out. Columbia Basin Racquet Club in Richland has a nice facility with a pool and a free three day trial membership but only for Tri-Cities residents. I'd at least give them a call and see if they will work something out for you, but I'd suspect they won't. If you are 60+ Columbia Basin College's fitness center might be an option (no pool though) -- not sure if they do day passed but they do have a program where 60+ old members of the community can work out there.

If you're looking for a place to run and able to get out when it's light out, check out Badger Mountain (especially if you want hills.) Also there's a nice (flat) trail along the river that runs pretty much the length of Richland.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jayhawk. wrote:

I did a quick search on Swimmersguide.com and found that the Kia Ora Club and Tri-City court club each had a daily fee.
Kia Ora appeared to be the most economical at $7.00. It also looks like the information is current as of October, 2016!
I filled in "Richland, WA" in the search box at the top.
https://www.swimmersguide.com/home/mapsearch

Can you please let us know how this works out?
KS

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm from the area. I'll PM you some info about Columbia Basin. If your working in Richland/the Hanford site, CBRC will be the best location. Usually you can get your own lane in the morning and mid day. In the evening, the swim team ties it up, so check the schedule. Theres spin class bikes and other stationary bikes as well. Typically when I am travelling, I'd bring shoes and pedals to swap out. If you bring a whole bike, id let you borrow a trainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well this is too funny. You posted this three years ago, and I commented on it. Then we unknowingly met on the plane yesterday.
You have my contact info now. If you ever need anything when you are up here, let me know.
Otherwise, did you get to run Candy Mountain yet? If so, what did you think? How did you like it compared to Badger?
If you want to throw down on the track, I'm cranking 5x1200m at chief Joe's middle school track 5am tomorrow.
Last edited by: hetron: Jul 15, 19 16:09
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-cities Washington Q for a visitor [hetron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You never know when you're going to meet a fellow STer!
I did Candy Mountain yesterday.
I went over Badger, up Candy Mountain and down, and then south side of Badger.
Was a good 2:45 of work!
I'm glad the water fountain on the west trailhead was working.

Michael in Kansas
"Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit"
"Its not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up" Lombardi
Quote Reply