Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: HED Jet 6 Plus v Flo 60/90 [BigHammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can also confirm that at least a 25C GP4KS on a Jet 6+ fits an AR fine (measures 28mm wide and has a few mm left between tire and rear cutout). Can't help you on the HED vs Flo front, though I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Last edited by: BeeSeeBee: Nov 1, 16 0:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigHammer wrote:
Thanks for responding, Chris - that's v helpful.

Could you advise if the Flo 2016 products can use tubeless tires?

All of our wheels are tubeless compatible. You will need a conversion kit for the set up, but the rim bed is designed with tubeless in mind.

Have a great day,

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So in the market for a new wheels set and have narrowed it down to the Flo 60/90 alu wheelset or the HED 60/90 plus wheelset.
Both on sale and are similar price and have decided to revert back to the alu braking.

As i see it they are both fairly similar performance wise with the main differences being:

HED - lighter however fairings carbon very thin and risk of damage
Flo - slighter heavier but a more sturdy fairings structure.

Has anyone any views positive or negative on either? From what i can see at that price point while on sale hard to beat either for value and both get positive reviews.

FWIT focus is the 70.3 & IM distances. Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: HED Jet 6 Plus v Flo 60/90 [Rodneyr1981] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HED
Much lighter, and have never heard of anyone having any issue whatsoever with the fairing structure. Keep in mind its just a fairing, not load bearing. Also better resale value.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodneyr1981 wrote:
So in the market for a new wheels set and have narrowed it down to the Flo 60/90 alu wheelset or the HED 60/90 plus wheelset.
Both on sale and are similar price and have decided to revert back to the alu braking.
I had a set of FLO full carbon clinchers, and I loved them. I now have a set of HED Jeb Black, and I love them. Given the two with same prices, I would vote for the HED.
  1. HEDs are slightly lighter
  2. HEDs have a wider interior rim width and greater interior volume-- IMHO, these combine to give you a better ride
  3. HEDs have a reputation for being more aero (HED competes directly against the very best, FLO aluminum slower than FLO CC)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was where you are at about 18 months ago, and had it narrowed down to Flo or HED. Honestly I don’t think you can go wrong with either in terms of performance and value.

I ended up going with HED and have been very happy with them. The wider rim on the HED is nice, it makes a 23 tire feel and ride like a 25. They are smooth and true and I have had no problems with them. I was fortunate to find a deal that put two wheels, conti 4000 tires, and latex tubes at my front door for just under $1K USD. I felt HED had a longer history and reputation in the tri market than FLO so I went HED. But I have friends who are very happy with FLO and I haven’t heard anything negative about their wheels. And the FLO rep is pretty active and responsive here on Slowtwitch. So good luck with your decision, and enjoy your new wheels!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run HED Jet 6+ on an AR5 with Vittoria Corsa 23m tires. I was concerned about clearance since the wider rim lets a 23 expand out to 25. I didn't want to push my luck with a 28. I race on the HED wheels and train on the stock felt wheels (with 25m tires) and I also didn't want to have to do much adjusting with brake clearances. Staying with the 23/25 combo has worked for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next