Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Will it never end? Another rogue city
Quote | Reply
Chicago wants to ban foie gras?! WTF?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Will it never end? Another rogue city [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are we talking about gay ducks? because we would not want to ruin the fabric of American society with polluted foie gras.
Quote Reply
Re: Will it never end? Another rogue city [tritnow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hadn't considered that. If they're gay ducks, I'm all for yanking out their liver and mashing it into a paste. Serves 'em right.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the west we like to laugh at the Chinese and their somewhat peculiar culinary and medicinal habits such as eating bear spleens and tiger testicles...not only do we laugh at them but we ban their supposedly horrific practices here in the civilized western hemisphere.

I wonder what they think about us force feeding grain into Geese every day to such an extent that their livers swell to 10 times their natural size and they suffer from toxic shock.

If foie gras came from dog livers it would have been denounced as cruel years ago and banned, Geese just ain't so lucky.

Don't get me wrong, I've eaten my share of foie gras and I do like it, but I'm not a hypocrite about it...if it came from cute puppy dogs or Tom Demerlys cat I'd still eat it. What about you?

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe we're talking about muslim Geese with exploding livers.
Last edited by: tritnow: Nov 10, 05 13:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the midewestern farms, they're Muslim Lutheran geese

Maybe we're talking about muslim Geese with exploding livers.

In that case they should be coddled. Or maybe we should embark on a campaign to eradicate geese from the planet. It's them or us.

I dunno- it's all so confusing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe they need therapy.
Quote Reply
Re: Will it never end? Another rogue city [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In the midewestern farms, they're Muslim Lutheran geese

That's pretty funny... :-)

---
"You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious."

"I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong." -- Richard Feynman
Quote Reply