Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Fizik Mistica [HonestYP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HonestYP wrote:
+1 Love my Tritone but if Fizik solved those two things then hats off to them for a great saddle.

I had a Tritone. Witnessed those two issues with it.

Updgraded to Mistica.

Love it.

PLUS the bottle cage bracket is much more sturdy and solid. Would definitely recommend.

3toronto Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Can anyone else provide some insight/reviews into the Mistica? Perhaps the bigger size compared to the smaller size? Can you compare it to ISMs?

I've been on a Mistica the past season. I'm pretty happy overall.

I've ridden an Arione on my road bike for years, so am very used to the Fizik shape. The pad grip on the Mistica is excellent. It holds me in place, but I can still move around if I want to.

I'm on the 55mm wide version, which I love because I can slide up right on the nose, but also slide back without any chaffing to sit-up or corner.

I tried the Tritons before and really could not get comfortable with the very blunt nose. The Mistica did take some adjustments to tilt, but a slight nose down has been very comfy.

It's firmer than a ISM Attack/PN1.1, but I like that. Less padding that can compress and possibly fold into sensitive human bits.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teichs42 wrote:
Perhaps the bigger size compared to the smaller size? Can you compare it to ISMs?

I was on an ISM Racing 2 most of the last few years. It was the most not-worst of a handful of saddles I had tried. I did try the PL1.1 on there for a brief time this year, but it was just too much saddle under there.

I just could never sit 'off the front' of the Racing 2 as much as intended (or my hips were rotated too far forward due to a spinal disease) and it felt like I was sitting on my bean bag or not on the saddle at all. I did a demo with the 55mm Tritone over the summer and it was unlike anything else. I was truly sitting off-the-front, but having a somewhat hard time staying on the saddle. I grabbed a lightly used large/65mm Mistica and it was definitely an improvement for me after eventually getting it dialed in. I'm not sure if a normal/55mm would have been better or worse. I mostly guessed since I am a bit bigger guy and never like smaller saddles that the 65 would be the right choice. I still feel like the channel could be slightly deeper to let things flow better.

This doesn't really seem like valuable information because everything is so subjective when it comes to contact points. As always, nothing beats trying it.
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone here know the width of the widest part of the Mistica saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Anyone here know the width of the widest part of the Mistica saddle?

My large size is coming in right around 142mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why are you concerned about the widest width? You should be concerned with 5.5 or 6.5cm no?

DFW_Tri wrote:
Thanks.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you are right , but I was thinking that My ass (sit bones) isn’t sitting on the nose
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Maybe you are right , but I was thinking that My ass (sit bones) isn’t sitting on the nose

if that's the case, you're not sitting on it right, assuming a TT fit. Rotate the pelvis forward and sit on the nose of that bad boy and go to work.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, TT fit.

Ok well I don’t even own it yet. Just thinking about trying it. I have used Cobb JOF 55, Adamo TT—I wanted them to work but they didn’t. Now, I am on the Sitero. Sitero has worked the best so far as it actually forces you back a bit on the saddle and you don’t hang out quite as much as the others. If I can find a saddle where I can hang off and be supported and comfy, I’m all for that. But that hasn’t happened yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try the Mistica Large... you will be supported and comfy

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, TT fit.

Ok well I don’t even own it yet. Just thinking about trying it. I have used Cobb JOF 55, Adamo TT—I wanted them to work but they didn’t. Now, I am on the Sitero. Sitero has worked the best so far as it actually forces you back a bit on the saddle and you don’t hang out quite as much as the others. If I can find a saddle where I can hang off and be supported and comfy, I’m all for that. But that hasn’t happened yet.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is my next plan. Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
try the Mistica Large... you will be supported and comfy

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes, TT fit.

x2

You will be fully off the front, bits dangling freely, and be rooted to the saddle. I've only put 40 minutes on mine, but there was no unsupported feeling or sliding around, thanks to the grippy surface. I think saddle will finally end my search!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
large or regular--how did you decide?
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [favata1213] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
favata1213 wrote:
large or regular--how did you decide?

That is the difficult part :
too large, and the inside of your legs will rub on it on both sides - it hurt :-(
too narrow, and the front part of the sit bones (in contact with saddle nose when hip rotated) will sit a little bit too much outside, leaving the "fragile part" in between in contact with the lateral parts of the saddle nose - it hurt :-(

Only solution is to test, possibly comparatively with other similar saddles, precisely measuring outside and inside dimensions of the 2 part nose.
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [CBass@3toronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CBass@3toronto wrote:

PLUS the bottle cage bracket is much more sturdy and solid. Would definitely recommend.

Is this confirmed anywhere? On the Fizik site I can only see the Tritone adaptor for sale...has it been updated for the Mistica and available as an accessory?
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [Fresh79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new bracket is one piece instead of the two of the tri tone. It also allows you to mount a single bottle right behind the seat or two off to the sides. It comes with the new saddle, no need to purchase separately. It would also fit on the tritone if you didnt want to buy the new saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [Bulldogjcz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello
Could you tell me the length of the rails?
Is it longer than the tritone?
I ask why the tritone was short beside fifty five
Very very thanks
Rafael
Quote Reply
Re: New Fizik Mistica [warlockuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can try to measure later. First ride on mine tonight was VO2 intervals on the damn rivet. It’s comfy. It works. Bottle bracket is great.
Quote Reply

Prev Next