Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

car lease takeover/how to get rid of
Quote | Reply
So, does anyone have any advice on getting out of a car lease? Specifically Honda Canada? I recently moved downtown and have been commuting by bike/walking. I was debating keeping the car for the last year of the 4-year lease but a few weeks ago, a damn GIANT tree branch fell on the car, scratching it up (all body work, no glass broken - end result being most of the car was repainted.) Then today, as I was just moving the car onto the street so a friend could come over, I get rear-ended by a taxi (not even 20m from the apt.) Suffice it to say, I want to get out of the lease. I'm barely using the car and its getting banged up more than it has in the last 3 years! Not sure how to go about it - I want to make sure all responsibility is taken off of me...

ps. I put 0 down so I don't expect anything for it.

thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: car lease takeover/how to get rid of [deechee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely you are way upside down on the lease and are pretty screwed. Find out the payoff and compare it to the market value of the car. If you sold it, you would have to make up the deficit.

Re: car lease takeover/how to get rid of [deechee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
accidentally drive the car into a lake...pay your insurance and act dumb....other than that you are fucked.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply