Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

music editing software
Quote | Reply
does anyone use any sort of software that can edit music, mp3, wmv types. nothing fancy i'm just looking to fade songs in and out, maybe 'cut and paste' stuff to put on an mp3 player to listen to while training. cheap is good, freeware is better. thanks.

jason

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: music editing software [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe 'cut and paste' stuff to put on an mp3 player to listen to while training

Not sure what you mean by this

yeah, i don't know the correct terms but say a song is 4 mins long and i only want a :30 second bit out of the middle. cut it out and say splice it between 2 other songs or fade out of one song, into the :30 sec bit, then on to another song. thanks

jason

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: music editing software [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Protools may be over kill here.
Quote Reply
Re: music editing software [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but to my knowlege there aren't any cheap/free programs that actually do that. I've been looking for a program that will take one long track (as in a live music DAT recording) and chop it up into 1 track per song, but haven't found any freeware that can do it.

I have done a super-ghetto fix with iTunes for this - make a copy of your song, use the iTunes options to have it start and end when you want, repeat as necessary. This way you can combine snippets of songs - the caveat is that when either burning to disc or storing on a prtable player, the full file is loaded even if only a short snippet is actually played.

If you figure it out you too can become the next Kanye West. Just sample (pirate) others music and then come up with some hip rhymes and you can be bling blinging it all the way to the bank.
Quote Reply
Re: music editing software [Al P Duez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

I've used ACID. You can download a trial version. Probably has more power than you need. I've heard you can get it included with various sound cards as a freebie, but to buy it is $100 or something. I use it to mix music for my cycling classes...fun to beat shift and up the tempo on songs.
Quote Reply