Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [triti2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I shudder to think of the cost of that. So. Damn. Impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [milkman1982] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love a good backyard pool

But hate it when people fill them with water

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And then your income tax savings are eaten by your increase un property taxes :)

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Plaster should be done and pool should be full today! Enjoy.

Also you convinced me to buy a drone.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Juat make a 3 meter pool on a hill. That way you can stay in one spot, constantly swimming uphill like on a treadmill. Everyone knows swimming uphill makes you stronger!

Now that i think about it, im going to prop up one side of my endless pool to get some great hill workouts in!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:

Hahaha! No, not quite yet - daily afternoon rain storms have been pushing all the plaster jobs back in town this week. Plaster crews typically shoot two pools a day, but have been limited to one a day for about 10 days now. My pool is on the schedule for Friday - pending the rain forecast being favorable.

Drone sounds exciting! My neighbor did all the drone camera work - I think he has a DJI Phantom - it makes super stable hi-res videos. I'd like to get one too some day - maybe once the bank account recovers from the pool. :-)

"Nothing screams 'Poor Workmanship!' like wrinkles in the duct tape."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triti2000 wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:

Hahaha! No, not quite yet - daily afternoon rain storms have been pushing all the plaster jobs back in town this week. Plaster crews typically shoot two pools a day, but have been limited to one a day for about 10 days now. My pool is on the schedule for Friday - pending the rain forecast being favorable.

Drone sounds exciting! My neighbor did all the drone camera work - I think he has a DJI Phantom - it makes super stable hi-res videos. I'd like to get one too some day - maybe once the bank account recovers from the pool. :-)

Just an FYI that if there is more than a 24 hour delay between the pool being filled and video of it being posted, I will be very put out. I need something awesome to distract me from the Japanese Beetle outbreak in my neighborhood.
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
triti2000 wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:

Just an FYI that if there is more than a 24 hour delay between the pool being filled and video of it being posted, I will be very put out. I need something awesome to distract me from the Japanese Beetle outbreak in my neighborhood.

Last edited by: triti2000: Jul 22, 17 17:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is so, so awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's so amazing. Is that the same shark that raced Phelps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a crappy small above ground pool that's partially sunk into the ground. I rarely use it except...

I have a treehouse in the nearby tree, and I built a water slide into it so that gets fairly regular use. My only mistake was putting a beer fridge and TV in the treehouse, so once I get up there, I tend to stay for a while and forget to use the slide.
The picture is in winter (so you can see the treehouse without all the leaves, but the tarp is on the pool). But you get the idea

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bufordt wrote:
triti2000 wrote:
kjmcawesome wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome, thanks for sharing, I'm super jealous!

I think I would have found a way to get rid of that bit of grass along the fence so I wouldn't have to cut it. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

You are my hero....

Don't forget to unclip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should put in an underwater tunnel to your neighbors pool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swam in the lazy river at my hotel last week. It was 300 yards around and it felt as though I was constantly turning. I actually reversed directions on each lap. 25 yards or meters will be tight.

Human Person
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this post is about your pool - but I never knew that about slowmans history in Industry
Quote Reply
Re: Crazy lap pool idea [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
Lautner edge on a terrace
Copycat!

Mine is still not finished.
Just no damn time. Wanted to be swimming in it this summer here in Oz, but work got in the way.

Plan now is to have it finished and hot for my son's 18th bday in July
Quote Reply

Prev Next