Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NJ Governors election and general disgust
Quote | Reply
So, looks like the choice for NJ Governor is Corzine or Forrester....I'm pretty disgusted. Does anybody have a reference to anything in writing with regard to what Forrester said about Corzine's ex-wife?

It's been a rough weekend with all that's going on in the world....Riots in France, idiot US Federal Administration, War in Iraq (I may be going), idiot US Federal Administration, two idiots running for Governor of NJ ( I hate living there, won't freely admit to it, and threatend my wife all weekend that I wanted to move back to PA)...Fun times.........

Oh, and on a lighter note, gas at the local Wawa is threatening to go under $2 per gallon.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [TriPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love the Wawa!

I don't think Forrester said anything about Corzine's wife. Rather, he used a soundbite/quote from his wife (soon to be ex?) saying "''All I could think was that Jon did let his family down, and he'll probably let New Jersey down, too,". She said this to the New York Times (some newspaper that serves the other half of the state - never heard of it).
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Love the Wawa!

I don't think Forrester said anything about Corzine's wife. Rather, he used a soundbite/quote from his wife (soon to be ex?) saying "''All I could think was that Jon did let his family down, and he'll probably let New Jersey down, too,". She said this to the New York Times (some newspaper that serves the other half of the state - never heard of it).
Already Corzine's ex-wife. This ad was run about a day after Forrester said he wouldn't use it. Nice. And oh-so-substantial, too.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not sure I understand your complaint. From FL, the choice looks to be between more of the same with Corzine or something different with Forrester. Neither looks like an idiot to me. Far from it.

It is time for the good citizens of NJ to go to the polls like they are supposed to and vote for the best governor money can buy. Get with the program NJ. You are supposed to elect more representatives like the Torch, Lautenburg (sp?) and MacGrevy (sp?).

So just do as you are told.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The single reason I'd move back to NJ - WAWA!!!

Oh, to get a great sub, soft pretzel and "tattoo" magazine all in one place again...

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wawa doesn't sell subs.

But they do offer hoagies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad. It has been a while.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has this campaign been as bad as the '96 senate race? I remember that being expesicallyy nasty in NJ. I think the NY race was pretty bad too, with D'Amato (forget the other guy)

I haven't followed the current race in Jersey. I do recall being genuinely shocked by the level of corruption in NJ/Philly politics when I was there last summer reading the papers. It seems like a debased environment all around.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I haven't followed the current race in Jersey. I do recall being genuinely shocked by the level of corruption in NJ/Philly politics when I was there last summer reading the papers. It seems like a debased environment all around.
Another way to look at it is that here in NJ, we have the wherewithal to actually uncover the corruption that probably occurs everywhere.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another way to look at it is that here in NJ, we have the wherewithal to actually uncover the corruption that probably occurs everywhere.

Well, that's one way of looking at it. To be honest, though, my impression didn't lead me to the conclusion that the glass might be half full. My impression is that the corruption is widely tolerated as inevitable and to be expected, and even when it's noted, it isn't met with much outrage, generally.

But that's only my impression, and I could be wrong.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must have missed the headline. Is the Torch in jail?
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I must have missed the headline. Is the Torch in jail?

Don't be a jerk. I didn't say "imprison", I said "uncover". Whether anything is done about it, other than end Torricelli's political career, and whether more is done in NJ than elsewhere, I don't know.

Man, you need to get laid, or something.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, you nailed the problem precisely.

Ouch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't say "imprison", I said "uncover".

I'm not trying to argue for it's own sake, honest- but that was probably one of the things that bothered me about the situation back East. It didn't need to be uncovered in the first place, it was practiced right out in broad daylight.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL.

Now that New Orleans is out of business, NJ is probably the political corruption capitol of the country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
LOL.

Now that New Orleans is out of business, NJ is probably the political corruption capitol of the country.
We need something to put on our license plates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"it was practiced right out in broad daylight."

you're talking about McGreevy again?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry Art, I still think that's Philly! although Camden might be a close second.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you're talking about McGreevy again?

Not just McGreevy, although he was in the news when I was there. Front page, no less. He was hawking his book about himself, and in the same breath complaining about how hard he's had to work to maintain his privacy. Amazing. I also found it funny that he was forced to resign from the law firm he joined after leaving the governor's house for ethical violations, within a matter of months.

I'm not talking about just NJ, either. That midnight move by the PA legislature to raise their pay was pretty wild, too. And the open retaliations against the legislators who voted against it, and the wholly unapologetic response of the retaliators when called on it.

And there was a story about Philly council members giving away free tickets to some new stadium (for concerts, and the like) to constituents for votes. Turns out hardly anyone pays for tickets.

And so on, etc and so forth. It don't confront me none, since I don't live there. But it was an eye opener.

Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No matter who you vote for today, make sure to vote YES on the referendum to create a Lieutenant Governor ... that way we'll know who's coming in, when we kick the next bozo out.
Quote Reply
Re: NJ Governors election and general disgust [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see how that won't get 100% approval.... but this is NJ. I voted this morning. As this is the Garden State, I plan on voting again when I get home (at least 4 more times).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I voted this morning. As this is the Garden State, I plan on voting again when I get home (at least 4 more times).
I drive past 3 cemeteries on the way home, so I can get a bunch of aliases to work with.
Quote Reply