Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

zipp 808 firecrest
Quote | Reply
just picked up a new rear 808 fc via ebay, 2016 model with the 177 hub

got it today, but noticed it doesnt have the "handmade in speedway indiana" written under the valve hole like the zipp website said it likely should..

came as a new bike takeoff, with the zipp skewer, zipp rim tape and it has this serial number and production date, which matches my 404 fc

do all 808 fc have the handmade in speedway embossing?

other than that, it loos perfect.

[URL=http://s899.photobucket.com/...748884C3043.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s899.photobucket.com/...1561FF88725.jpg.html][/url]

[URL=http://s899.photobucket.com/...1AA0F13763E.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 808 firecrest [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks legit to me. That sticker is underneath the tape is manufacturer date and serial number. It probably shouldn't match your 404 though unless they reuse the same serial number for different rim shapes. With that being said, anything is in the realm of possibility these days. Check with ZIpp if you have your doubts. It is far easier to spot a fake, than to be 100% sure it is real, this wheel looks real fwiw.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 808 firecrest [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry I should habe been more clear , the style of the sticker matches my 404, but the huld date and serial number are different .

thanks for the reply.. was just worried about the missing wording on the rim..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
sorry I should habe been more clear , the style of the sticker matches my 404, but the huld date and serial number are different .

Yeah, I don't know about the wording. Maybe the rims are no long made here???

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 808 firecrest [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Viper966 wrote:

All Zipp carbon clinchers are made in Indiana.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine says Handmade in Indianapolis
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 808 firecrest [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just called zipp to be sure

They said they have a few molds rolling for the 808 FC

some of the newer molds no longer have the made in... embossed on them anymore, due to a change in how they make the dimples they were having challenges with the yield of that wording coming out looking correct, so they eliminated it on some of the molds

he said as long as it has the zipp hubs, and the serial # sticker under the resin with the production date, he said it should be 100% fine as zipp doesnt sell the hubs out
Quote Reply
Re: zipp 808 firecrest [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Viper966 wrote:

All Zipp carbon clinchers are made in Indiana.

I didn't know with the new FCs this year if maybe that had changed. Seemed like it could be a possibility but see follow-up from OP.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
i just called zipp to be sure

They said they have a few molds rolling for the 808 FC

some of the newer molds no longer have the made in... embossed on them anymore, due to a change in how they make the dimples they were having challenges with the yield of that wording coming out looking correct, so they eliminated it on some of the molds

he said as long as it has the zipp hubs, and the serial # sticker under the resin with the production date, he said it should be 100% fine as zipp doesnt sell the hubs out

I find it interesting they would produce some with and some without the "Made in Indiana". I also have a question regarding this same issue. My wheels are older and pre-firecrest.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Trying_to_identify_Zipp_Wheels_404_/_808_P6698407/?search_string=zipp%20embossing#p6698407

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply