Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia?
Quote | Reply
I just got my taxes back, and thus went straight to Roka's website to buy some goggles. I've been good at not spending anything for a while and thought it was time for a modest treat.

However I see that they've ceased distribution from Australia, and are now charging USD$30 to get them across the Pacific. What kind of company runs an internet-only model but fails to get their distribution right? One that only wants to sell in the US, obviously.

Thus, I'm looking for a few top quality eyewear options that do the same thing and are available in Australia (or shipped internationally without outrageous fees). Suggestions?

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Last edited by: georged: Aug 4, 16 23:14
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In general you might want to look into some mail forwarding services. I know some Aussies who swear it saves them tons of money in shipping costs as well as getting better pricing on some products.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just googled swim goggles Australia. http://www.aquashop.com.au/...ness-recreation.html

Quite a few nice options. No Roka or speedo, but the other major brands are there. TYR, arena, aquasphere, b70....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you atill looking for some Roka R1 goggles mate? I ordered a stack of them (I love them!) So that the postage to Aus didn't sting me as much. Let me know if you want a pair, I'm in Perth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to try Roka too, but I'm just going to try TYR special ops transition lens instead, i'll order from wiggle as delivery to Australia is cheap. My brother has a pair and they were comfy when i tried them on.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [ghettodeluxe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ghettodeluxe wrote:
Are you atill looking for some Roka R1 goggles mate? I ordered a stack of them (I love them!) So that the postage to Aus didn't sting me as much. Let me know if you want a pair, I'm in Perth

I'm in Perth, where did you get them from?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try the TYR Nest Pro as the best option. Much better than Special ops.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got them directly from the Roka website mate. It's just the first pair of goggles that I really got along with, so I bought a number of pairs
Quote Reply
Re: Alternative to Roka's R1 and F2 goggles available in Australia? [ghettodeluxe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess nothing has changed here?

Any other suggestions - alternatives? Any retailers selling locally?
Quote Reply