Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

4th Bike Trip to Cuba
Quote | Reply
I'm leaving to Havana tomorrow for our 4th Bike tour to the island. I'm starting to get this down pretty good. Our group will meet at MIA in Miami in the AM and will check our bags and bikes on our charter plane. After the short 45 minute flight to Havana, I'll spend more time waiting to get our bikes off the plane.

We will drive to the Vedado District and have a prepared lunch at our town house. I'll get the bikes ready and we will get an afternoon bike ride into downtown Havana, to the ferry and go see the Christ Statute. We will return and go downtown to a favorite spot for a mojito. Back to the house, walk down the street for a dinner at a local establishment and then maybe hit the town. The following days will be riding about 30 to 50 miles to places like Hemingways house, the beach, the Hemingway Marina and the countryside. We will check out some of the nightlife and at the end of the tour, we will donate the bikes to a growing church outside of Havana. In fact, the church is planning to host one of our water stops during the tour when we go out to Hemingways House.

I have another tour planned in July then I will give it a rest. I plan to do a trip to Cartagena Columbia in October to donate some bikes to a mission out there. If there is demand, I like to return to havana in November to help support this local church. Our link to ride is http://www.keylargobike.com/Cuba-Bike-Tour.html
Quote Reply