Pad stack: 690
Saddle height: 842
arm pad drop: -131
saddle setback: -47
inseam: 35" (889)
height: 6'1 (1860)
Bike: Cube Aerium HPA Pro
saddle: ISM adamo prologue

So I'm looking to purchase a Felt IA10 frame but using the numbers above I'm not sure if I fit a 56 or any at all. Using their calc it says a 56 with a 40 + bridge + 5 +10 and moving pads back -32mm but its only an "OK" fit.

What appears to be strange is my saddle height for my inseam, typically I believe for a 35" inseam a saddle height would be 785, not 842. And hence with a high saddle comes a higher pad stack. What could contribute to a much higher than normal saddle height? Crank is 172.5, pedals are Garmin vector, cleats are look keo, shoes are size 11, my ankle angle at near bottom of stroke is 29 degrees. I have a whole host of other numbers from a retul fit from a good while back if needed or I can also email you the report.

Last edited by: viperlogic: Sep 21, 16 14:23
Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [aki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aki wrote:
Pad stack: 550
Pad reach: 500 (middle) 450 (rear)
Saddle-to-pad drop: 140
Saddle setback: 60 (my rotated pelvis sit around 70mm from the front)
Crank length: 165

Height: 167cm (Weight: 60kg), I usually wear 29 inseam jeans without hemming.
Age group: M29.

2011 Felt DA 51cm, 110mm 0 deg stem, Carbon Stryke with fixed ZB bracket (no spacer above the bar, 1.5cm spacer below the bar), F25c armrest (8 deg tilt, without spacer, second furthest forward setup, narrowest width), Cee Gees pads, ISM PN1.1 (4 deg tilt in the front area. more in the rear).
I used to be a collegiate road cyclist, but now I'm a recreational triathlete. Never fitted professionally. Adjusted based on how I look and how I feel.

Not super confident, still adjusting it for comfort and being aero. Ballpark CdA was around 0.23 with P-09 and Hed Jet 6+, but I need more test to verify it. I want to bring it down a little bit more.

Here is how I ride on a trainer (with a baggy shirt). I appreciate any feedback!!!
Maybe more turtle and shrug? More tilt of the aerobar?
Movie: https://www.dropbox.com/...-15%2016.23.50-1.mp4

May I ask where you were able to find a 110mm 0 degree stem?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can find them here: http://www.feltbicycles.com/...ed-Postion-Stem.aspx

Oh, you will need to source shorter bolts with a much shorter shoulder. I got my from Home Depot.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Sep 21, 16 9:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess I overlooked your post before, and not sure if you saw any of mine, but we are damn near close in size and have very similar bikes.

I am 5'6", 30" inseam, and am on a 51DA with 110 0º rise stem as well. My cranks are much shorter at 155 and I ride a very different position for sure. Any how, take a look:

LAI wrote:
Huh, maybe I am a long torso type. I run the same extension length but am 2" shorter than you and while I haven't measured I know my ape index is nowhere near yours.

Took down all my measurements the other day since I was bored.

Extension (bb-end of shifters): 855mm
Pad Reach (BB-Back of pads): 514mm
Pad Stack: 562mm
Pad Spacing (c-c): 90mm
Saddle Setback: -31mm
Saddle height: 710mm
Frame: 51cm Felt DA 2011

And a crappy photo:

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a used one from eBay, but I don't see it listed that often.
I was using the original bolt for a while (I rode mostly indoors), and I noticed there was a play. I had some extra bolt from Profile Design riser kit and it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing your photo. Yeah it's really close, while my extension reach is a lot smaller about 780mm.
What bar do you use?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I used to run a tighter setup with much more drop. I believe my stack was right around 535 and reach was closer to 500 (center of pads). However, now I run more stack (due to bars and stem) but with a whole lot more reach.

The bars are Felt Bayonet 3 Devox, though I run Zipp Ski Bend extensions. Of which the updated versions have me intrigued, but i'm getting to the point where I am tired of tinkering and just will race what I have.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
I guess I overlooked your post before, and not sure if you saw any of mine, but we are damn near close in size and have very similar bikes.

I am 5'6", 30" inseam, and am on a 51DA with 110 0º rise stem as well. My cranks are much shorter at 155 and I ride a very different position for sure. Any how, take a look:

LAI wrote:
Huh, maybe I am a long torso type. I run the same extension length but am 2" shorter than you and while I haven't measured I know my ape index is nowhere near yours.

Took down all my measurements the other day since I was bored.

Extension (bb-end of shifters): 855mm
Pad Reach (BB-Back of pads): 514mm
Pad Stack: 562mm
Pad Spacing (c-c): 90mm
Saddle Setback: -31mm
Saddle height: 710mm
Frame: 51cm Felt DA 2011

And a crappy photo:

Actually we are similar insofar as running 155 cranks but my pad reach is 48.0 (to center of Tula pads) and the pad stack is only 51.0 so I am utterly screwed trying to find a long and low frame right now (the Trinity in size XS was an option but no one seems to know if that size will ever appear in the market)... the Feltbicycles.com site I visited did not have the 110 stem stocked so I will look elsewhere.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [xntrickly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DA is about as long a frame that I have found, but the Bayonet Bar 3 makes all the difference. Something like the Zipp Vuka Aero is a great option for getting length too while still a great aero option if you're not able to source the Bayonet 3 Devox. Call Felt directly and see if they might have one laying around stem and/or bar.

Here is a close up of my setup so you can see how I am getting the extra reach.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
xntrickly wrote:
Actually we are similar insofar as running 155 cranks but my pad reach is 48.0 (to center of Tula pads) and the pad stack is only 51.0 so I am utterly screwed trying to find a long and low frame right now (the Trinity in size XS was an option but no one seems to know if that size will ever appear in the market)... the Feltbicycles.com site I visited did not have the 110 stem stocked so I will look elsewhere.

Cheers.

Just had another thought. Have you tried the double knuckle for the adjustable stem? That will give you more reach and drop if you want it.

I am referring to this piece: http://www.feltbicycles.com/...-Stem-Extension.aspx

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are going that route, don't forget to add a spline shaft. I did the mistake and I have an extension with no use.
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Parts/TT-Tri/Stems-Accessories/Bayonet-2-3-Stem-Spline-Shaft-Assembly.aspx
Last edited by: aki: Sep 21, 16 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pad x = 490
Pad y = 610

Just got my Specialized Transition back after Alpha X installed. Felt like I was reaching a bit too much with x = 515. Adjusted pads one bolt (they're now back as far as they will go) and slid extensions back, but there's an issue with installation (cut one bar wrong), so that's as far as I can go on the cockpit side. Slid saddle forward and raised it just a little bit to get to 490.

Just did a ride on the trainer last night and I noticed some shoulder soreness at times. Pads may be narrower than on previous Bontrager bar. Still feel like I need to slide the extensions back a little more as I'm reaching to shift. Will have to wait until LBS replaces them next week.

Thanks for the fit charts. I thought I was slamming my front end, but this just shows that I'm right in the blue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pad X 440
Pad Y 609

Used to race a lot, getting back into it. All legs, not super flexible. At front end of races when "in-shape". I feel pretty comfortable with this position, and ride at the front end of my saddle, so may be trying to look for a new saddle.

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
P5-six 48cm
5'7". 145#

Reach 490
Stack 555
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't have a tri-bike, got fit pre-purchase. 451 / 641 was the result. This sounds short and tall to me. I am 5'8", short leg / long torso'd and fairly flexible.

Is this reasonable? Thanks for your help.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Dec 7, 16 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous job of getting the bars and cabling cleaned up. Something for me to consider given that my pad x = 480 and my pad y is 510. I previously ran a P3C with -35 stem on it to get low enough... until I was run over on it. Now I find myself trying to find a replacement bike.... can't get the y value down low enough though.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pad stack: 618
pad reach: 505

Mostly do 10-25mi TTs. Aggressive TT position -- very confident in position. Long arms and torso.
Last edited by: lanierb: Oct 5, 16 10:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been doing triathlons for about 10 years, first on a road bike, then on a Guru Crono, and this past January I got a fit and a new bike (pics below). I haven't had any problems with the fit though I've wondered whether I can or should go lower. I didn't want to tinker too much during the season but just finished my last race of the season (the IM Maryland bike-run/swim) and am curious what your thoughts are.

My pad x/y, unless I measured incorrectly, is way out of the "normal" range and into the "questionably tall" area. I'm 6'2" with long legs and a short torso.
pad x: 463
pad y: 685

I have really good hip and back flexibility, and that makes me think I can go lower. My biggest limiter seems to be neck flexibility because in my current position my neck can get sore after several hours of looking up while in the aero bars (like at IMMD). My sore neck is the main reason I haven't tested removing some spacers to drop the stack, at least not yet.

A few pics below – a couple from Maryland last Saturday and one on the trainer. Thoughts? Go lower? Stretch out longer? Keep things as they are? Also, bring the elbows in? Thanks for any suggestions.

Quote Reply
Re: post your own pad x/y (if you want the solution) [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had mine done last week.

Bike is SC XL, and some interesting numbers for mine.

Bear in mind some strange morphology - 198cm height, long arms and legs, and goal of getting a position comfy for LD tri.

Seat height 890mm, stack 718, reach 482.
Quote Reply

Prev Next