Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Grand Prix TT tires vs turbo cotton or 4000S [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
When you say an 'old SS', I am curious, how has the 20mm supersonic changed? width? shape? tread profile ?

The new SS are a bit wider if I remember correctly and the sidewall is now etch'd/textured like the TT. The new SS is the TT without the vectran belt layer. The change in tire was somewhere around fall 2016.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Prix TT tires vs turbo cotton or 4000S [sooners175] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year I asked Swiss Side for their tire recommendation for my Swiss Side Hadrons and the response was a 23 mm GP4000s on the front (considering aero + RR) and a 25 mm GP TT on the back (for RR given that aero is not as influential on the rear). SSs were not recommended because the RR gains over the TT are extremely small but the puncture protection is significantly compromised. For what it's worth I am using 23 mm GP TTs front and back - the 25 mm GP TT is wider than I care to use (it's like 28 mm wide on my wheel). This year I am planning on switching the 23 mm GP TT to a 20 mm SS for the front for races where the road conditions are good. For crap roads I will stick with the 23 mm GPTT. The 20 mm SS should be more aero and have lower RR than a 23 mm GP TT.
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Prix TT tires vs turbo cotton or 4000S [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, and the SS lost all the magic aero properties it had... I wish I could find those tires again.

stevej wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
When you say an 'old SS', I am curious, how has the 20mm supersonic changed? width? shape? tread profile ?

The new SS are a bit wider if I remember correctly and the sidewall is now etch'd/textured like the TT. The new SS is the TT without the vectran belt layer. The change in tire was somewhere around fall 2016.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Grand Prix TT tires vs turbo cotton or 4000S [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switched this year from butyl and 4000s to latex and TT I have not raced on them yet I will in a few weeks however they seem to pair nice with the Flot 60/90. I am using 25's and ordered off ebay.
Quote Reply

Prev Next