Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.

Then they are doing it wrong. Again, there is a difference in getting your glycogen back vs your muscles feeling like rubber when you try to walk up the stairs after 2 hard days. All I know and care about is I can do my commute on Monday mornings and my legs don't feel like crap.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas, I'm not really big on Compex or boots. The best recovery I get is still a swim or a light spin on the bike trainer. Using pro athletes is kind of a scam, as I'm sure they don't just use the modalities photographed, but massage, ice/heat baths, rest with legs up, cryotherapy, e-stim, and use of a personal therapist/PT and even more. Often FAR more time in recovery than competing. Having spent decades in advertising I know how those photo ops work.

I have had 3 pair of boots and 3 e-stim machines, and while I should be more consistent I am not. I have truly never noticed any great results, yet still buy the damn things! Sounds like your body is a better adapter than mine.

Funny you suggest they don't have much free time? Compared to what?

And wow! Lebron spent $2,000,000 MILLION on recovery? :-)


I think most people underestimate how much time athletes put into sport, and like you said, how many different modalities they use. Everyone is busy so I don't really want to make a comparison, just that they are an effective way to squeeze out some extra time in the day. Of course athletes use many modalities and it is really tough to separate out what is responsible for what. After all, the two most important recovery tools are two that are NOT mentioned above... nutrition and sleep. As a general recovery tool, and the more and more I listen to feedback, the more often the word "relax", "relaxing", and "calming" is used in what the athletes are getting out of it. We can't discount this relaxing either in terms of recovery. I am heading over to my weekly massage in a bit, I am sure the average joe thinks that too will be relaxing but there will be some serious discomfort along the way. I do look forward to it as I know it is good for me.

That number might not be exact but it was 7-figures yes. A lot spent on recovery for Lebron.


I agree massage is the best, especially if one can afford to be regular. I also agree that the boots cause one to stay still, which as there is no true research that shows proven results, I'm of the belief that anything that causes us to rest and/or sleep is great. I'm also with you....massage for me is either painful or worthless.

I was teasing on the dollar amount, as you made it far more than 2 mil..... I know Dara Torres had 2 stretchers that worked on her and she spent a ton too.

Oops on that number. Fwiw, I was cleaning up my inbox today and came across the article. Apparently it was $1.5 million. Also fwiw, Normatec is working on more studies. They had a small study which measured range of motion and showed that users had a greater range of motion the day after compared to the non-users.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.

It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.


It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.


I think you better take another look at those peer reviews and get a better understanding of what they were testing. I'm amazed how folks like to hone in on one fact about the reviews, but ignore all other aspects. Most folks probably spend more a year on sports drinks and gels than what a set of Air Relax cost. Try them yourself for a month and if they don't work, sell them.
Last edited by: mcmetal: Nov 1, 18 6:12
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
domingjm wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.


It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.


I think you better take another look at those peer reviews and get a better understanding of what they were testing. I'm amazed how folks like to hone in on one fact about the reviews, but ignore all other aspects. Most folks probably spend more a year on sports drinks and gels than what a set of Air Relax cost. Try them yourself for a month and if they don't work, sell them.

I think you're mistaking testimonials for the "peer review" process. They are entirely discrete. If you're aware of any controlled, empirical (and independent) studies suggesting that these boots are in any way effective for recovery, please send them along. Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:

It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.

Reading this abstract...third result on google when I searched: "recovery boots study". Seems to agree that it does help, this was published last year: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC5491247/

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
domingjm wrote:


It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.


Reading this abstract...third result on google when I searched: "recovery boots study". Seems to agree that it does help, this was published last year: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC5491247/


Here's the full version. I'll give it a read through a little later. Let me know if the link doesn't work.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1th4ErcvEVCdP9M2vQsB7pP-4pSDj2FX9/view?usp=sharing

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas, I'm not really big on Compex or boots. The best recovery I get is still a swim or a light spin on the bike trainer. Using pro athletes is kind of a scam, as I'm sure they don't just use the modalities photographed, but massage, ice/heat baths, rest with legs up, cryotherapy, e-stim, and use of a personal therapist/PT and even more. Often FAR more time in recovery than competing. Having spent decades in advertising I know how those photo ops work.

I have had 3 pair of boots and 3 e-stim machines, and while I should be more consistent I am not. I have truly never noticed any great results, yet still buy the damn things! Sounds like your body is a better adapter than mine.

Funny you suggest they don't have much free time? Compared to what?

And wow! Lebron spent $2,000,000 MILLION on recovery? :-)


I think most people underestimate how much time athletes put into sport, and like you said, how many different modalities they use. Everyone is busy so I don't really want to make a comparison, just that they are an effective way to squeeze out some extra time in the day. Of course athletes use many modalities and it is really tough to separate out what is responsible for what. After all, the two most important recovery tools are two that are NOT mentioned above... nutrition and sleep. As a general recovery tool, and the more and more I listen to feedback, the more often the word "relax", "relaxing", and "calming" is used in what the athletes are getting out of it. We can't discount this relaxing either in terms of recovery. I am heading over to my weekly massage in a bit, I am sure the average joe thinks that too will be relaxing but there will be some serious discomfort along the way. I do look forward to it as I know it is good for me.

That number might not be exact but it was 7-figures yes. A lot spent on recovery for Lebron.


I agree massage is the best, especially if one can afford to be regular. I also agree that the boots cause one to stay still, which as there is no true research that shows proven results, I'm of the belief that anything that causes us to rest and/or sleep is great. I'm also with you....massage for me is either painful or worthless.

I was teasing on the dollar amount, as you made it far more than 2 mil..... I know Dara Torres had 2 stretchers that worked on her and she spent a ton too.


Oops on that number. Fwiw, I was cleaning up my inbox today and came across the article. Apparently it was $1.5 million. Also fwiw, Normatec is working on more studies. They had a small study which measured range of motion and showed that users had a greater range of motion the day after compared to the non-users.

Do you happen to have any discount codes that work on the European site Thomas? I tried the ones from your site but they aren't recognised when I use the European store. Thank you.

P.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pgibbo wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
Thomas, I'm not really big on Compex or boots. The best recovery I get is still a swim or a light spin on the bike trainer. Using pro athletes is kind of a scam, as I'm sure they don't just use the modalities photographed, but massage, ice/heat baths, rest with legs up, cryotherapy, e-stim, and use of a personal therapist/PT and even more. Often FAR more time in recovery than competing. Having spent decades in advertising I know how those photo ops work.

I have had 3 pair of boots and 3 e-stim machines, and while I should be more consistent I am not. I have truly never noticed any great results, yet still buy the damn things! Sounds like your body is a better adapter than mine.

Funny you suggest they don't have much free time? Compared to what?

And wow! Lebron spent $2,000,000 MILLION on recovery? :-)


I think most people underestimate how much time athletes put into sport, and like you said, how many different modalities they use. Everyone is busy so I don't really want to make a comparison, just that they are an effective way to squeeze out some extra time in the day. Of course athletes use many modalities and it is really tough to separate out what is responsible for what. After all, the two most important recovery tools are two that are NOT mentioned above... nutrition and sleep. As a general recovery tool, and the more and more I listen to feedback, the more often the word "relax", "relaxing", and "calming" is used in what the athletes are getting out of it. We can't discount this relaxing either in terms of recovery. I am heading over to my weekly massage in a bit, I am sure the average joe thinks that too will be relaxing but there will be some serious discomfort along the way. I do look forward to it as I know it is good for me.

That number might not be exact but it was 7-figures yes. A lot spent on recovery for Lebron.


I agree massage is the best, especially if one can afford to be regular. I also agree that the boots cause one to stay still, which as there is no true research that shows proven results, I'm of the belief that anything that causes us to rest and/or sleep is great. I'm also with you....massage for me is either painful or worthless.

I was teasing on the dollar amount, as you made it far more than 2 mil..... I know Dara Torres had 2 stretchers that worked on her and she spent a ton too.


Oops on that number. Fwiw, I was cleaning up my inbox today and came across the article. Apparently it was $1.5 million. Also fwiw, Normatec is working on more studies. They had a small study which measured range of motion and showed that users had a greater range of motion the day after compared to the non-users.


Do you happen to have any discount codes that work on the European site Thomas? I tried the ones from your site but they aren't recognised when I use the European store. Thank you.

P.

Unfortunately I don't. Air Relax has set up with more and more local distributors in countries across the globe and as they do they give up their selling rights to those distributors so it will very by country to country.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcmetal wrote:
domingjm wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.


It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.


I think you better take another look at those peer reviews and get a better understanding of what they were testing. I'm amazed how folks like to hone in on one fact about the reviews, but ignore all other aspects. Most folks probably spend more a year on sports drinks and gels than what a set of Air Relax cost. Try them yourself for a month and if they don't work, sell them.

That or even just think about how much people are spending on race kits.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
domingjm wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
mcmetal wrote:
ggeiger wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
your local pool or body of water will provide the same results


This^^^^^^^ Save your money.


Hardly the same at all. I picked up the Air Relax for $200 so it's cheaper and more convenient than my local pool. Likewise, an easy spin or swim doesn't help with recovery anywhere close to the boots.

Just to be clear, the boots will not magically restore your glycogen, but the difference in how your muscles feel the next day is huge.


No peer reviewed medical research at this point agrees with you.


It appears that the relevance of peer reviewed literature is lost when it comes to recovery boots.


I think you better take another look at those peer reviews and get a better understanding of what they were testing. I'm amazed how folks like to hone in on one fact about the reviews, but ignore all other aspects. Most folks probably spend more a year on sports drinks and gels than what a set of Air Relax cost. Try them yourself for a month and if they don't work, sell them.


I think you're mistaking testimonials for the "peer review" process. They are entirely discrete. If you're aware of any controlled, empirical (and independent) studies suggesting that these boots are in any way effective for recovery, please send them along. Thanks.


I'm talking about the studies where they did blood tests and tested power output with and without recovery boot usage over a reasonably large test group. Those tests showed there was no appreciable difference in power output with the recovery boots compared to without. My personal experience is in agreement with that aspect of the test.

What they didn't test or comment at all on, was just how did the test subjects legs feel the next day. To me there is a big difference between my legs feeling sore and stiff if I don't use the boots, compared to not being sore and not being stiff if I do. To me, that is also a component of recovery. Sure, I get that if I got on the bike and tried to push it I would have nothing in my legs, but as long as I can take the stairs without my legs feeling like wood pegs I have to conclude that the boots do help with some aspects of recovery.
Last edited by: mcmetal: Nov 2, 18 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [pgibbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you ended up finding an EU code but Air Relax isn't big in general on sales. They do one additional sale this year in the US and that is Black Friday thru Cyber Monday. Same deal as last year which was saving $50 off $300 and more details on the US deal can be found here. Each EU, Mexico, and Australia distributor is independent of Air Relax US and can do their own thing but Air Relax US only did one sale last year and this is the only sale this year.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Unoit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vive Sequential Air Compression Boots
Summary: bought new, used 4 months, 1 hour per day the first three months. So far so good.

As requested, I'm updating on the use of Vive Sequential Leg Compression Boots bought from Amazon for $275 with free shipping. Had them since the first week of August 2018 and they have held up. Don't have any other boots to compare with, and wanted to get Air Relax instead but decided to save money and try them. Did get a 3-year warranty. They made it past the 60 day warranty period without any issues. See other post for general description of it on same topic. In the winter, with a cool room (non-heated) it didn't make a pool of sweat. But during the summer of August and early Fall it was making my legs sweat a lot. For the first three months used it for one hour a day, 2 thirty minute sessions, usually on the same settings. Have since tried increasing the pressure. Not sure if the pressure has dropped from wear and tear on the parts/motor/seals or my legs got used to it, but it seems not as hurtful on the higher settings as before. I had initially been sticking my foot more through the ends to have it go higher up on my thigh/hamstrings, so that could explain that as well. Since I then started putting my foot in the "heel bend" of the boots. It does make my foot hurt a bit still. When I did some high mileage weeks of running it seemed to help. Though my legs would still feel sore, so it didn't take all the soreness away. Storage has been an issue since it is large and remains puffed up unless you unplug the connectors which I leave intact to keep them from breaking. So far so good. Still wonder if I would have liked Air Relax better, even now that they have the newer boots with the fabric covering the hoses. And the longer size to go higher up my thigh.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Thomas:

Following your advice, I purchased the Air Relax Recovery Boots using yor discount code you about a year ago. I have been extremely happy with them until now...

The problem is I am feeling that now compression is much weaker now than when I bought it. In fact, when I started using the boots I used level 2 because it was the maximum I could take (level 3 and 4 even hurt). Now I have to use level 4 if I want some real compression on my legs.

Have you had any issues with this? Any workaround?

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Air Relax is no longer available on Amazon it seems.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That could be because:

1) They are out of stock of size 2, they only sold size 2 on Amazon. Most people purchase size 3 or 4 anyway.
2) I know there were some increases coming in their supply chain due to tariffs and they have/had to raise prices. Maybe they had to take them offline for a bit on Amazon as it about 15% to sell on Amazon. They have increased in price about $20-$30 recently direct from Air Relax
3) It is a temporary error (on the Amazon side), I noticed another compression boot company was missing from Amazon from the other thread on here this morning.
4) Amazon Penalty Box... maybe Amazon is getting smart with some of these brands that try to cut out Amazon by selling direct. Again Air Relax only sells size 2 on Amazon but they get all the exposure of their product from being on Amazon. To purchase size 3 and 4 you must purchase direct and thus avoid the Amazon 15%. Maybe Amazon has finally wised up.
5) The company is working on a Air Relax pro version. They may be tapering down inventory in size 2 in anticipation of the launch. Size 2 is the least popular size IME. I have no clue how far out it is. In reality it could be a month, a year. I did just check the website and size 2 is still available direct.

I will say that Air Relax has always had razor-thin margins and I can imagine the tariffs are causing a bit of a headache. I don't understand all the tariffs but it sounds like they were imposed as much as 40% on say the textile bag, less on the actual devices. They have always focused on a low upfront price as opposed to say the Xterra/Rudy model of big discounts. As of now they still offer the 5% code I have in my Air Relax vs Normatec review. But even the 5% is too much in the current environment and are considering scrapping all discounts. Air Relax is supported by an investor base and I think the investors are exiting the growth phrase for more profitability. Probably a great opportunity to pick up a set now.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm dramatically picked up my training volume and been staring down the barrel of making this purchase. But when I do the math since my GF would be using it also it's probably a cheapish recovery tool in the long run.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [duduardoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duduardoman wrote:
Hi Thomas:

Following your advice, I purchased the Air Relax Recovery Boots using yor discount code you about a year ago. I have been extremely happy with them until now...

The problem is I am feeling that now compression is much weaker now than when I bought it. In fact, when I started using the boots I used level 2 because it was the maximum I could take (level 3 and 4 even hurt). Now I have to use level 4 if I want some real compression on my legs.

Have you had any issues with this? Any workaround?

Thank you.

How often to you use them? Nearly every pair of compression boots lose some of their squeeze IMHO overtime. I always noticed when I am traveling and a pro has a really old pair of Normatec that they just are the same as my own newer pair of Normatecs. I have to crank it up as high as it goes. Normatec has increased the durability of the leg with the Normatec Pulse Gen 2 (My words, not Normatec, Normatec doesn't differentiate the changes with a name change). What the all entails I am not entirely sure. At the end of the day these all rely on pressure sensors, and Air Relax relies on a timing cycling to inflate. It is possible the compressor is starting to fail or maybe some contaminate is in the hose and thus during the timing cycle the boots can't reach the prescribed pressure do the restriction of air flow.

I would check to make sure the hoses don't have any debris in them at least where the hoses attached the unit. If you had the ability to borrow another hose you could test it that way too.

The other thing to note is becoming desensitized to the pressure. Originally I hated compression, they made my eyes want to bulge out. That is because the demo reps cranked me as high as I could go. When I started with Normatec myself I was a 4. Now I start at 5 and work up to 7. 5 feels less than 4 way back in the day. On Air Relax I am a 2, sometimes 3 and I haven't had the same issue although I am always looking at different alternatives, playing with different attachments, and have multiple pair of Air Relax legs too. Needless to say no one pair of mine gets as much use as when I had just one. Keep me updated with what you find out.


Save: $20 on Air Relax Recovery Boots| $100 on Normatec| 15% on The Most Absorbable Magnesium | Best $50 Indoor Cycling Desk

Blogs: 2018 Normatec Pulse vs 2015-2017 Normatec Pulse | QUICK Air Relax Travel Case Review | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | Why Latex Bikes Tubes | Vittoria Corsa Speed Aero Data | 10 Reasons To Consider HED JET+
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Bit the bullet and purchased the Air-Relax system a weeks ago. Typically doing 15 minutes on A and 15 mins on B pressure 2 most days. Hard to objectively measure the benefits, but certainly feels pretty good to have them on.

Only unusual thing is that I seem to notice a bit of a smell from the exhaust port (on the bottom) of the unit when it is deflating (usually it's mode B when all the chambers are inflated and then deflating). Hard to describe the smell, a bit rubbery/sweet. Anyone else noticing this/is this normal with the pump? I suspect it's the lubricants/seals inside the unit?
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [yanr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
first night in the boots for me, they got here today.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered mine today - looking forward to getting these in. Picked up the travel bag as well to help keep them nice. What are your thoughts now that you've had them for a bit?

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: Affordable Recovery Boots from Amazon [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say I'm unsure what they do per se. But I know that my overall recovery has been great because my performance on run in January just got better and better. Whereas previously I'm unsure if I'd have been able to put up 136 miles in a month.

Rugby Media Dude-earfulofdirt.com

Hooker training for the Sport of Scrum-Halves [Triathlon]
Quote Reply

Prev Next