Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Computrainer Question
Quote | Reply
I almost positive my bike computer is correct but when I compare the bike computer MPH and total mileage for a workout to the computrainer MPH and total mileage its different (difference of 1-1.5 in MPH). I ride 650 wheels. Does anyone else have this problem?
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Bri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, others do experience the same results. You are just not going to have the same mph/distance on the c-trainer as you do on the bike computer. I'm not sure which one is more accurate or if that can even be generalized.
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [tom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find that the Computrainer mileage is about .5 to 1.25 MPH slower. Also, I find that the clock on the Computrainer falls behind to my bike computer. In other words, when my bike computer shows 20 miles in distance and 1 hour in time, my Computrainer shows somewhere around 19 to 19.5 miles in distance and 57 to 58 minutes in time.

Any thoughts????

Jim
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Bri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Purely a guess... but, (IMHO) on a bike you can coast and relax for longer periods of times than on the computrainer. The combination of less recuperation periods (even though brief) and short coasting (in an real world equivalent sense) makes for lesser fresh legs and you may actually have a slower time. In addition, it may be the calculations used by the CT are basiclly rounding errors. Combine the actual effect of the CT on your biking efficiency (i.e., lack of real coasting and relaxation it provides) and the calculation rounding error and I believe you would have the errors you see.

Purely my guess, anyone else have a suggestion?

Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: Computrainer Question [Heisler226] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure about the distance - but the time clock on my computrainer does seem to be off (slow) by a couple of minutes an hour.

Not sure how computrainer calculates distance/speed but this may account for why speed/distance on the computrainer is different from the bike computer.

Never the less still a great piece of kit.
Quote Reply