Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Back on my Power Cranks
Quote | Reply
I got my PC's in '99. Rode them for about 7-8 months. I have not used them since June of '00. Today I put 'em back on. I only planned a 20 min trainer ride because I remember when first learning to powercrank. Much to my surprise...I was able to keep 'em in synch! Wow! I totally expected to turn 'em for a while then rest...and keep repeating that cycle. But I was able to do my 20 min. without much distress. Certainly was MUCH easier than I had planned for. Cool! So, almost 3 years removed from PC's and I can still turn the cranks prettty darn well. Legs were tired, as were hip flexors. But, all I have done is run, and 7-8 mtn. bike rides since IM-Wisconsin last Sept. - so my fitness level is nothing to write to Slowtwitch about at this time.

I just found this interesting!
Quote Reply
Re: Back on my Power Cranks [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the feedback. I, like you, would have expected such a long lay off (after such a short time with them) to have returned you pretty much back to base line. Glad to see that at least some of the changes seem to be "permanent" or sorts. Now to get your endurance on them back up.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Back on my Power Cranks [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I was very surprised. I really feel that if my fitness were there (such as I was last summer) I could get on and ride quite long. Now, my hip flexors might disagree! I think the PC's really helped in 2000, even though I did not use them very long. I am curiuos how they will help me this year. I plan to train on them exclusively until IM-FL in Nov. (not sure about racing on them though).

Why-o-why did I let them collect dust for so long? Stupid!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac,
Why would you not race IMFL on them? That is a course where weight on the bike has NO real effect. If it was a hilly course, I could see where there is a balance of additional power -vs- added weight. But at IMFL I just don't see a downside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mac,

I suspect you let them gather dust because you didn't have any feedback from others telling you it was ok and your friends were laughing at you. Plus, you probably didn't understand that further benefit would occur with continued use. these discussions have opend your eyes and if it had occurred 2 years ago you would have never gotten off them. Unfortunately, two years ago there wasn't the base to have this discussion. It was just me.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried them again recently? Was it just as easy to readapt?

Quote Reply
Re: Back on my Power Cranks [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:
Have you tried them again recently? Was it just as easy to readapt?

OK, I said well played on the first one. But now it's old.
Quote Reply
Re: Back on my Power Cranks [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any particular reason why you resurrected a 16+ year old thread?
Quote Reply
Re: Back on my Power Cranks [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Any particular reason why you resurrected a 16+ year old thread?

He resurrected several powercrank threads., even in the Classifieds. So he’s being an asshole.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply