Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if the Lezyne Super GPS can store the ANT+ IDs from multiple power meters simultaneously so you don't have to repair each time you switch bikes? That'd be a deal breaker for me if it doesn't. Nothing like showing up for a mass start race around 50 other power meters and realizing you forgot to repair.

I read the entire manual, and I'm guessing not, but just wanted to be sure. Oddly, nothing from DC Rainmaker on anything Lezyne!
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd test on mine, but I don't own multiple ANT+ PM's.
I don't think it's possible though.

I just bought it last week. First impressions are good. Very well made, easy to use. GPS seems quite accurate. GREAT visibility in all light conditions.
Bluetooth to my Samsung S5 took a bit of effort, but I got it going.
I synced to Strava without too much trouble.

Might buy a 4iiii PM in the spring to pair with it.

I'm guessing a future firmware update will fix the multiple PM issue.

Contact gps@lezyne.com to get a definitive answer.
Last edited by: NordicSkier: Dec 15, 15 8:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Oddly, nothing from DC Rainmaker on anything Lezyne!

Never heard of it before this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VGT wrote:
trail wrote:

It's been out for quite some time. Launched around March, and been available for a number of months, I believe.
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I used the generic Lezyne contact form, but I'll try our email too, since it might be more productive at reaching someone with technical knowledge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
VGT wrote:
trail wrote:

It's been out for quite some time. Launched around March, and been available for a number of months, I believe.

Yeah, it's been on my 'to eventually get around to' list for a while. Unfortunately in the grand scheme of keeping my head above water with respect to reviews, I tend to go where I hear the most requests for products. I can count the number of Lezyne review requests on one hand...since last year. :-/

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am having trouble with Lezyne Super GPS. It only recognizes my Stages power meter via bluetooth not ANT +......when I train indoors (most of my riding is) the power data is all wrong when I upload to Strava...even when I select indoor ride on the Strava site.

The combination of these problems is making me wish I never bought it....I do like that it shows your text messages and phone calls.
Contacted Lezyne...waiting for a reply. If they can help me figure it out...I really like it....if only it did what it's supposed to do...sigh
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [twoyacks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any luck getting this sorted out? Did you try a manual pairing as described on the stages website?
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [TeJa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes...everything sorted. Adding a Bontrager rear wheel speed sensor fixed all the indoor power # issues. Those sensors strap on to your chain stay with rubber band...so it comes right off when I ride outside. The issues with text messages was resolved by turning on and off my airplane mode on my iphone. The head unit syn's right up now in the ant+ mode...it was simply a matter of disabling speed sensor in the menu first, then enabling which reboots the search for the speed sensor...Everthing is fine now. I'm happy with the unit. I
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up a powertap hub from their GS clearance, so now I'm in the market for a head unit that records power.

Curious if there has been anymore feedback on the Lezyne unit, as there doesn't seem to be much out there. The reviews I have found range from "great" to "buggy", but since it seems such a small sample size it's hard to get a sense for it.

I want to like this unit. It ticks all the boxes I'm looking for, price, size, text and call displays, Bluetooth upload to mobile phone, power meter data. I don't need maps, colour display or touch screens. Really, the edge 500 would be ideal for me if they were still available new anywhere.

What I don't want is a unit that I'm fighting with before every ride trying to get it to pair with power and speed sensors, or that needs a crazy number of steps to upload to Strava.

Anyone find out if you can have multiple bike profiles?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [Dufflite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pick up an edge 500 in the classifieds...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nashbar still sell edge 500 red bundles last time I checked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any more praises/issues with this device? looking to replace an Edge 500 that I lost :(
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had the Enhanced Super GPS for a couple months now, overall I'm pleased with it.

The navigation is a lot different than Garmin and takes a bit of getting used to, but easy enough once you are up to speed. I haven't had a lot of outdoor riding since I picked it up just before winter but no issues noted with the GPS.

Really my only complaints are that it is limited to 4 data fields per page when 5 would have been ideal for me, and there is still no support for multiple bikes. So if for example you have 2 bikes each with a power meter, whenever you switch bikes you have to delete and re-pair the sensor.

If you don't need the full colour maps of a 520, then this should do pretty much anything else you need at a very good price point.

Just make sure you get the 2016 "Enhanced" version and not last year's version. You can tell the difference because the "Enhanced" version says "Enhanced" in big letters on the face of the unit.
Quote Reply
Re: Lezyne Super GPS and multiple PMs [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:
Any more praises/issues with this device? looking to replace an Edge 500 that I lost :(

After a solid year of use, I'm quite happy with it.
Minor quibbles:
- overestimates elevation gain, sometimes by a lot. Strava has a feature that corrects, but still.
- battery life indicator went a bit wonky. One ride it turned off when it should have had lots of juice left. The latest firmware seems to have fixed.

The new Lezyne models this year are priced great compared to Garmin and look to have fixed issues with the first gen devices.
Also, I see a lot of cool new features.
I'm thinking of picking up a Macro and giving my older Lezyne to my wife.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should share my experience here. I defined 4 Bikes on my Super GPS:
- Road Bike | Favero Assioma (used also on Tri-Bike)
- Tri-Bike | Favero Assioma (used also on Road Bike)
- Cyclocross | Power2Max
- MTB | 4iiii Precision
Depending on what bike I choose, the Lezyne finds the correct PM. I always search via Ant+, additional I connect PM/HR with my suunto ambit 3 peak via Bluetooth. When I switch the pedals between Road Bike and Tri-Bike I check the crank length (last time in April) and correct it. The only issue I have is, that I can't connect the Super GPS with my Android Phone (Android 5.1.1). It simply doesn't work. I download the moves with usb-cable.
Quote Reply