Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 9 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yay!
I swam twice - yay
I got on the bike 6x, two of which were outdoors - yay!
I got in either 2 or 3 strength / core sessions - yay!

Now, if only these darn hamstrings would feel better.

This week - bike 5x, including CX races Sat/Sun
Main goal will be to try to recover better for the Sunday race than I did the last time I had back to back races.
One strength session
swim once or twice.
Also, goal is to head into the Saturday race rested and ready to fire on all cylinders.

In non-athlete news, I paid my darn car off early! Now to work on the next 'debt' - probably husband's one remaining student loan.
(after that, it's only the mortgage)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 9 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yay's all around! :-) Good luck on both races!

Last week: 2 more weeks until next meet - time to focus!
- skate 5x - DONE and had a big breakthrough re: technique, super excited
- run 3x - FAIL see below
- ride 2x - DONE
- swim 1x - FAIL (Day1 yuck)
- drills/core 1x - half done but not good enough
- eat better/drink less/sleep more. - DONE

EDIT: My right foot started bugging me and I could feel the PF like symptoms coming back. So I'll skip the running this week and massage w/ golf ball (only thing that works for me). I have 4 meets left in 2015 and can't afford to have foot problems. Rolling with the golf ball has helped, I couldn't believe how crunchy that R foot was! Was able to run today, so will keep at it.

This week: Nail down that new technique and execute on Sunday!
- Remembrance day so one less skate but that will be made up with the meet
- Skate 4x (Tues am, Sat 2x, Sun racing)
- Run ez 3x unless foot gets worse
- Ride 2x
- Roll that foot daily
- Drills/core on the holiday
- Sleep and eat well :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Nov 9, 15 16:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
swim x 2: win
bike x 1: win with 3
run x 1: eeh, it happened
core/strength x 2: win
foam roll/stretch x 3: win

I waited until Saturday to go for a run, but the knee still played up after 20mins and I haven't tried since. I'll be out for a quick one this evening, though, since it's the 7th anniversary of my first run.

With the end of my racing season, I think my training was more appropriate for a professional eating competition contestant than an athlete, but I'm settling back into better nutritional habits now.

When my RMT friend worked me over on Monday she agreed that it's not really a knee issue at all, nor a problem with my ITB - it's my glutes and TFL that are pulling things out of whack. So, I'm foam rolling (well, after the "holy crap I've been tenderized" bruised feeling went away) and stretching and doing strength work to try to get this sorted out. I also have another appointment booked with her for the 23rd to see how things are progressing.

Trying to see the injury/time off running as an opportunity to do some things I rarely have time for, like the yoga workout I did last night.

I am having mixed success with this.

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 2
run x 1
core/strength x 4

Quote | Reply
Quote:
goals. Swim M,T,W at the very least (hoping for a good pool in Michigan, like the MSU pool, or at least a hotel pool - my tethers are packed) done. MSU pool was students only but I swam about 500 yards in the hotel pool on Thursday. Keep run miles under control nope... hoping for a hotel exercise bike they had one, I rode on that Sunday... the real goal for this week is to handle eating ok :P I did a good job with food while traveling and at the conference! No bingeing!!!! sooo proud of myself

Totals
s: 4x = 5700 yds
b: 2x = 13 mi
r: 7x = 59 mi

goals for this week:
fix flat on bike
ride 3x, one of them long
swim 5x (2 done)
day off from running
do better about varying run distance amt and easy days/hard days

got invited to a dinner gathering tomorrow night that I'm super excited about (no school because of Veteran's day)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov. 9 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
I'll be out for a quick one this evening, though, since it's the 7th anniversary of my first run.

Cool that you know the date. That's a good thing to celebrate. Hope your knee is healing.

AP and determination, good luck with the races!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:

Quote:
I'll be out for a quick one this evening, though, since it's the 7th anniversary of my first run.

Cool that you know the date. That's a good thing to celebrate. Hope your knee is healing.

Thanks - good thing about having kept training logs even when I used to just to fitness videos in my livingroom is that I have all the data from the very day I started running in 2008.

Rain, chill and dark of night be damned - not only did I run last night, I did so PAIN FREE! There was some tightness and soreness in the glutes and TFL, but NO KNEE PAIN! *giant freakin' happy dance*

I'd meant to only go for 20mins but pushed it to 30 instead and was just barely starting to feel the knee when I finished. It twinged a little when I got up this morning, but has been fine otherwise. Not going to push my luck by running on it today, but I think tomorrow may be a go..

Rehab exercises FTW!