Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Spokesman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Ant+ stick are you using? Also, as DCR notes, it takes a few tries to get the brake paired. Same problem with the Bushido 1980.

If you have gotten the TTS4 software working, what are your impressions?

Thanks,
Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Spokesman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
when it scans for my Neo devices, it doesn't find them
Typically the Ant+ antenna needs to be close to the device for the initial connection. I use a USB extension cord so that the antenna is within 12" of our Bushido motorbrake. Maybe way off base, but maybe your Fenix 3 is detecting the Neo via Bluetooth not Ant.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Jan 22, 16 11:56
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [julesg88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you still fielding questions about the tax neo?

If so, can you tell me if I can seamlessly run Sufferfest Rubber Glove/20 Min FTP test through TrainerRoad on the Tacx Neo? I only see two potential setting through the Ant stick: "ERG" and "Resistance". (I read somewhere the Kickr auto switches to "Standard" mode. What doe the neo do?

Should I set it to resistance? I tried this but the resistance didn't work.... I was spinning in my biggest gear.......

Please help.THX
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [suewiedorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Switching to "resistance" mode automatically in the middle of a workout is a Trainerroad feature, not a Neo feature. So what you need to know is whether or not the "rubber glove" workout on Trainerroad switches modes automatically. I don't know the answer, but I know the Trainerroad 20' FTP test does. So you just start the workout in erg mode, and it will automatically switche to resistance more for the 5' and 20' intervals (and then back to erg).
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [nchristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else find slight bits of rust on the metal disc? A coat of lube help?
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [suewiedorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try perf pro - u can switch to "slope mode"
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the 2016 version of the Neo with a Felt DA frame? Apparently Tacx made it a bit wider to accommodate more frames but wondering about this problem since the old version didn't go together with the DA rear fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [hutchy_belfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hutchy_belfast wrote:
Has anybody put a 51cm Cervelo p5 in one of these yet? The printed out template on tacxs site make it look like it isn't going to fit or would clear the stays by less than a mm which I'm not going to live with

Old thread, I know, but yes a 51cm P5 fits the old Neo case just fine, so the new one (W2017) obviously fits too.

DM
Last edited by: djmercer: Oct 13, 17 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [djmercer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else having issues with grinding? My Tacx Neo makes a really loud grinding noise and the power stutters when it starts grinding. The power the trainer requires feels really sloppy, so it'll be 3/4 pedal stroke at 300 watts, and the last 1/4 will only take 100 watts. Any ideas on how to fix? Tacx support so far is extremely unresponsive (1 email response every 2-3 days).
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ddave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddave wrote:
Anyone else find slight bits of rust on the metal disc? A coat of lube help?

As a matter of fact I am. At least I see brown spots that don't go off and have a texture. This is a 6 MO Neo in the garage and I take care of it like a baby (wipes included every other day). I live close to the sea but never saw this in my gear. Sweat does not reach the trainer.

Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [mcmetal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Tacx Neo (2018 model) and there is no delay for power on my setup.
I frequently do 1 mn intervals and you get full power within 3 to 5 seconds.
I love my Tacx and I did 70% of my ironman training on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [ppkestrel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ppkestrel wrote:
I have Tacx Neo (2018 model) and there is no delay for power on my setup.
I frequently do 1 mn intervals and you get full power within 3 to 5 seconds.
I love my Tacx and I did 70% of my ironman training on it.
The post you responded to is over 3 years old and I think that was only a month or two after the Neo was released. It's now a mature product and recently updated to version 2, so no doubt things have changed!
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oups!
My friends always say that I am slow to respond!
Sorry
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [julesg88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2012 specialized s works transition not a shiv design, the red chainstay is right against the Neo body. Has anybody else experienced a fit issue on the Neo with the same frame generation from specialized??
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [Thormx25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tacx on its website maintains frame compatibility table - transition is not on it if i remember correctly
Quote Reply
Re: Tacx Neo - Ask me anything [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I did not see that list but for sure there is a reason that frame is not included in compatibility list, NO go. Had to put road bike on!
Quote Reply

Prev Next