Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Offline training software [PhilipShambrook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you about perfpro and I use it as my go to workout package. In fact during the outage I imported my garmin workouts into it until garmin came back up.

Joel
Quote Reply
Re: Offline training software [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Golden Cheetah and TrainerRoad
My main requirement was "free of charge", which technically at this point I'll relax to "no recurring subscription model" (small one time fee for e.g. app purchase is ok).
So even if test-period is available that doesn't qualify as a long term solution.

As far as ICW goes - here's some more feedback on that:
  • The data-fields are a little small (and on my phone not fully visible). This has obviously been optimized for a tablet rather than a phone.
  • The main part of the screen is focused on the chart, which I find not so useful. I'd rather see my _current_ and average metrics bigger and analyze any charty-thingys after the ride.
  • Doing intervalls without pre-defining them could be easier. The +/- buttons only do in-/decrements of 5W. That's a lot of button-presses between recovery and threshold wattage.
    Maybe have a +/-50W button? Or a button to switch between two settings (like TV remotes have this "PREV-Channel")

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Offline training software [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that the Sufferfest can do this. Download the rides locally and then use those w/o a internet connection. But it is not free (other than the trial period) and it is not a virtual world like Zwift - an entertaining training platform that will kick your butt ? Yes. But riding around with others or in a virtual world? No, Unless your idea of a virtual world is racing with the pros... Disclaimer - I've never done the remote version of the Sufferfest, only connected, so my suggestion is based on chatter from their user forum...
Quote Reply
Re: Offline training software [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although not necessarily structured training capable, I thought I'd mention The Rivet, as you can, apparently ride in it Offline (I haven't tried it yet).
Quote Reply
Re: Offline training software [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can give this a try. Works offline. But you don't get any virtual reality stuffs if you're looking for that, then Look away.

https://apps.apple.com/...raining/id1541280053

Has built in 100++ of workouts and plans and you can even load up your own or from your coach.

Really No Frills. It doesn't even bother to ask you for a login or even your email.
Quote Reply

Prev Next