Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wetsuit probs
Quote | Reply
Hey girls!! I just did an open water swim without my desoto wetsuit.. I felt great!! I usually feel so constrained. A friend thought maybe I need a different suit. Now I'm not a strong swimmer so the question of the day is do I opt for a suit meant for 'stronger 'swimmers or do I go for one specifically for buoyancy?? Plz advise and happy training!!
Quote Reply
Re: Wetsuit probs [Lydiavelia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure regarding your question.

I hate wearing my full sleeve wetsuit (I have two, two different manufacturers), but don't mind my sleeveless.
I still hope for non-wetsuit swims. Wetsuits seem to help others much more than they help me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you feel that constrained -- and if it's not a matter of you getting used to wearing the suit, which can take a little time -- maybe it's time to try a different size or different suit. I found a big difference when I upgraded to my Roka Maverick Elite. The shoulders are extremely flexible, and the buoyancy is great. It's not the super-high end suit, but it more than meets my needs. The entry level suit I had before that was less flexible and the fit wasn't as good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long does it take you to get into your suit and have it fit perfectly? The longer I spend the better I get it positioned (better shoulder rotation). I had one that was too big and one that threatened to cut off my airway (but now I suspect I did not spend enough time putting it on). Fit is key but maybe before you spend money on a new suit, you could check out some YouTube videos and ensure you know all the tricks to getting it on. It helped me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have gone through three wetsuits and women's sizing has never fit me. If you feel too constrained you might try mens sizing.
Quote Reply