Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

isaac carbon tri bike have arrived
Quote | Reply
Just seen at http://www.isaac-carbon.com/index2.htm that the isaac carbon tribikes have arrived! anyone seen one in the flesh yet?

They look like bikes just couldnt get any better! I've just got to have one.

Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [billybob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in love.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, CAN'T... RESTRAIN... SARCASM...

== begin sarcasm

- Wow, who would have though the Trek Equinox was worth copying?

* Even the paint job looks like the Madonne's!

- Great, a more expensive P2k.

- If you're going to make a carbon P2(original), why leave out the best part, the bb fin?

- Curved seat stays. Shudder...

== end sarcasm

Thanks for the indulgence. Been a long day.

--ashayk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yet another "carbon copy" Cervelo
Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone what to guess how much they cost? I think I'll just hold out until the Giant TT bike from the Tour is on sale (I might be waiting forever).

Dave from VA
Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I think I'll just hold out until the Giant TT bike from the Tour is on sale (I might be waiting forever)."

Dan hinted in his Interbike article that they may be coming this year.
Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Around 2300 depending on exchange rate plus import tax gets you frame, fork, and seatpost from www.sigmasport.co.uk
I think it comes in only 3 sizes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
come on guys, give some credit to the bike as it appears nice. Sure I can pull the:

It has carbon tubes and double triangles like my trek 5500

It has an "aero" down tube like my trek 5500

It has carbon tubes and curved seat stays like my composite TCR

Therefore, I don't like the bike since they obviously are copying Trek and Giant . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I saw opne of these in my local shop (in England) built up about 5 months ago. Very nice indeed (although a little heavy on the top coat of epoxy). a matt finish version would be ace. Not the lightest of frames but then for some of the flatter faster courses plus with looks like this it's hardly a concern !
Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [BDyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seen one, ridden one, training partner has one. Frame and forks GBP 1500 (mates rates though).

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any info on:

When did cervelo invent the double diamond frame concept?

When did cervelo invent aero tubing?

When did cervelo invent the rear wheel cut-out design?

When did cervelo invent shorter head tibe lengths for time trial bikes?

When did cervelo invent aero seat posts?

And who invented to first bicycle with same sized wheels (yes I know cervelo probably did) - because ever since those darned carbon copy heads have been copying that design - how dare they. How dare any company attempt build a bicycle whilst cervelo is in business - I hope cervelo takes them to court for this.

(oh and whilst on the way to court - take your heads out of their (cervelo's) butts so they can sit down in front of the judge!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is one of the more original frames I have seen come out, as far as the UCI allowing originality.

There are quite a few differences from many of the TT frames out there, one of them being a really aero seat post that looks well-executed. It may have skirted with copy-catting, but you can look and see that it executed the ideas it's own way. I like the Principia drop outs. Yes, Principia co-developed this bike.

To outfit the bike as show, you would have to spend some coin. Those Lightweight wheels on their own would buy the frameset.
Quote Reply
Re: isaac carbon tri bike have arrived [Straight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMEN BROTHER STRAIGHT!!!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL! Right on... :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOOOOOOL!!!

Well, if we look closely, the litespeed ghisallo is a titanium copy of the cervelo r2.5.

hmmmm, and look 381 is a carbon copy of the prodigy.

LOOOOOOL

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My post was a joke which, funny or not, everyone no doubt realized. Reading some of the other comments, though, got me thinking.

Yes, the Isaac looks like it's executed somethings quite nicely. However, the things I can see(and there's no doubt plenty I can't) look like things that have already been implemented quite nicely by some other companies, a certain Canadian builder comes to mind who shall remain nameless.

Now this is just me talking, but if I can get an existing, proven incarnation of the relevant aero/bicycle technology in an existing aluminum package(that fits of course) for <$2k new and ~$1.2k used, I'll take it over something similary built, albeit out of carbon, for what, twice the price.

But that's just me. I am no stranger to bike/toy lust and would never begrudge anyone else's indulgence. I just know that the appeal is largely emotional rather than rational. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Peace,

ashayk
Quote Reply