Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [DV8R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DV8R wrote:
What can I do to unprogram my body? No matter if I've already gone twice that day, I will need to go 30min into a run.

While I've only totalled the car once, I've had my fair share of fender benders, and I'm getting tired of it.

I had the same problem for 15+ years. The answer for me is Metamucil every day. Completely solved the problem. Such an easy solution that took me a long time to find.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [lkkowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t believe chatGPT has not come up in this thread yet:

Oh, the feeling of a run, so free and so grand,
With the wind in your hair, and feet hitting the sand,
But then you feel it, that oh so familiar urge,
The need to go, no, it's not just a splurge.

You push it aside, try to ignore it and run,
But it's no use, you must now face what has begun,
So you step off the path, in search of a place,
To do what you must, with no time to waste.

You squat down, release, and finally you sigh,
The weight lifted, it's such a relief to be high,
You wipe and you wash, ready to hit the road,
With newfound energy, ready to explode.

So, don't let a poop stop you from your goal,
Just find a safe place, and let it all unfold,
And before you know it, you'll be on your way,
With a lighter heart, ready to run and play!
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [afrizzledfry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prologue: My MIL lives with us. She's 92. She's had some constipation lately. We haven't gone all-in on Big Pharm treatments [Ducolax, Metamucil, etc], just bumping up her fluid intake and adding fibrous treats to her meals [prunes, especially, with some Fig Newtons]

This afternoon, I had her entertained with Billy Crystal's 700 Sundays on HBO while I was working in the kitchen. About 2:15 or so I told her "Go use the bathroom, then I'll take you for your walk. I'll give you lunch afterwards and you can take your nap"

This is pretty much our daily routine

She went into the bathroom, opened the door after a few minutes, but I heard no flush

"Did you use the bathroom?" I asked curiously
"Yes, I did" she answered "I made #2. I didn't flush because I thought you'd like to see that I was successful"

Did I mention that she has dementia? It's been discussed in the LR, in case you missed it

"No, Mom. That's fine. Thanks for asking" and she flushed

I got her and her walker outside shortly thereafter

We had navigated only down to the driveway and a quick turn about 10 yards down the sidewalk, commenting on what a beautiful day it was, when she exclaimed in her sweet little grandmotherly voice "Uh-oh!!!"
"What's the matter, Mom?"
"I think we should turn back. I think I have to go again"

She does not move quickly - our block is exactly 1/4 mile around and it takes her 12-15 minutes to navigate; but she gets some outdoor exercise at least

She covered those 40 yards like she was at the NFL Combine ... well, a 92 year-old lady at the NFL Combine

She had no visible accident on the way back to the house, nor up the stairs [I was worried about that transition most of all, lifting her feet & whatnot], nor down the hall to the powder room

Once she found herself in a secure and comfortable space - her constipation seemed to have been alleviated; in dramatic fashion

If we'd gone another few steps - across the street, around the corner, perhaps - the outcome would've been very VERY different

Epilogue: Yeah, I know ... I shouldn't be telling stories about my poor MIL, and she'll probably curse me for it [quite literally], but D'Kid laughed when I told her about it "Oh, you gotta save that!!!" and this place is sort of my memoir/journaling spot, so there you have it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I expect I am not the only one but I never know what to expect when I see your posts
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I share the sentiment, but the first 9 words of Randmart’s post are a fair WTF warning. You shouldn’t have continued to read (neither should’ve I).

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [waverider101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
waverider101 wrote:
I expect I am not the only one, but I never know what to expect when I see your posts

I'm not sure how to receive that?

Should I say "I'm sorry?" or "You're welcome?"

😎
đŸ–€

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome, for sure.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
đŸ“± Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
👍

Thank you for confirming, Doctor

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this an aquabike forum now? Because we've let the thread collapse to page 25... anyway, what an underappreciated line:

"While first place in this year’s Boston Marathon went to Evans Chebet and Hellen Obiri for the men’s and women’s divisions, respectively, another runner went straight for number two".

Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never run Boston ... how far are the PortaPotties from the Finish Line?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sitting in the waiting room at Urgent Care right now

This just happened

A young lady was running up the sidewalk just outside. When she came to the entrance she turned, ran across the parking lot and came in

She put on a mask (as still required in medical facilities here in NJ) and quickly found the Ladies Room.

Within minutes, I heard a flush and she exited

Exited not just the lavatory, but the building itself

She quickly and calmly continued her run - I guess the Wawa was just a little too far?

#LocalKnowledge

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You’re at urgent care? Anybody close to you is in trouble? I hope that if it has to be someone, it’s the crazy ex

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many years ago when I was running I kept hearing cars honking at me. Wasn't sure why. Anyway, the run felt a little 'off'. My running shorts weren't feeling comfy. As a matter a fact they felt a little 'drafty'. Eventually with about 4 miles left to go on an out and back, I figured, I'd adjust something down there. I looked down and my balls were flapping in the wind. As a cheap college student I decided I the small holes in the running brief part of my shorts weren't worth the fix. Until they got larger... At the time, it was very embarrassing. Although, today, I probably wouldn't give a sh**.

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing tragic nor life-threatening, thank goodness; not quite ER-worthy, either

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
You’re at urgent care? Anybody close to you is in trouble? I hope that if it has to be someone, it’s the crazy ex

ETA that most people would say "if she needed Urgent Care - or even the ER - I would've just left there" but that's not my way

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close calls on my last two Sunday runs. Each time, I knew going into it that I hadn't completely emptied out (pre-run), so there were risks taken. In both cases, I was about 2.5 miles from home when the alarm bells went off. Last week, I was 9.5 miles into the run and in a neighborhood (with no good options in sight). All I could do was stop running and try to get everything settled. Luckily, once the lower GI calmed down, I was able to walk/slow run (sometimes legs crossed) to get home.

This week, I was only up to mile 4.5 when the code brown hit. This time, I was in a state forest and there were many options on spots where I could clear out the issue in the woods. But, I really didn't want to do that. Once again - slowed to a walk/barely run and managed to get home.

The root cause for both is probably my Saturday evening activities (and intake). I'm going to have to manage that better this coming Saturday.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [trislayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trislayer wrote:
The root cause for both is probably my Saturday evening activities (and intake). I'm going to have to manage that better this coming Saturday.

Cinco de Mayo was Friday, I believe?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Related from Fesshole (anonymous confessions on X and other platforms):

Quote:
Caught short on a woodland walk, I ducked behind some bushes to take a dump. When I was doing up my trousers, a dog wandered over to me so I hurried away. Then heard the dog's owner: "Jesus wept, Dexter, that's a big one!" I think she picked up my shit in a bag.
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [chief10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chief10 wrote:
Related from Fesshole (anonymous confessions on X and other platforms):

Quote:
Caught short on a woodland walk, I ducked behind some bushes to take a dump. When I was doing up my trousers, a dog wandered over to me so I hurried away. Then heard the dog's owner: "Jesus wept, Dexter, that's a big one!" I think she picked up my shit in a bag.

Generally I only have to stop to crap maybe once out of every 14 days but lately I'm on 9 out of last 12 days, and this is despite only walking, not running. I'm on a 3-wk break from training and have just been walking 2 mi/day with my dogs. I've never had to crap so much mid-exercise in my life. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: I just shit my pants mid run [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a 100/100 Challenge I'd opt out of, thanks so much

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
That's a 100/100 Challenge I'd opt out of, thanks so much

Nah, I would not want to do a 100/100 crap in the woods contest either. :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Five out of seven is about 70/100?

https://www.tenjunkmiles.com/...e-tjm-mug-5-out-of-7

Last edited by: RandMart: Mar 11, 24 17:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Five out of seven is about 70/100?

https://www.tenjunkmiles.com/...e-tjm-mug-5-out-of-7

It doesn't really make sense though, since pooping 5 out of 7 days is not "every day"???

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listen to their podcast - especially, the Gang Shows

"Making sense" is not a strength of which they have full command

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imagine you are a high school runner. And you go to school and then work a job and when you get home really late at night, (around 11:00 PM), then you go for a run.
One morning, before school, you are starving. The only cereal in the house looks terrible, but its what there is so you wolf down several bowls before school.
After school, and after work, you get home and go out for a run. Shortly into the run, intestinal issues develop. Somehow you make it home. Then, things get real. You spend a full hour on the pot. It is a religious experience. And not in a good way.
The next morning, you look at the box of cereal you ate the morning before. "All Bran with Extra Fiber".
That is when you learn what fiber does.
Quote Reply

Prev Next